Combined my drone hobby with my running passion

It doesn't appear that the Yuneec was tilting the camera during your follow shot. Is this not possible? Seems to be a severe limitation...

Great work, Cody. Those brightly colored socks are an excellent way to identify you against the landscape. The orange almost looks neon.

The video below was my 1st time using the Yuneec Wizard. It wasn't perfect but it's better than the P4 because it will never lose the subject. Had I increased the altitude, it could have been able to adjust to my motorcycle speed better.

This is cool, following a dongle is definitely the way to go vs ActiveTrack. For my uses, though, just keeping me in the frame isn't my goal, you can't get a "cinematic" result this way.

MPCC is simply amazing. I admit I wondered like Jubair what you meant, but all is well.
Simply put, you can have your a Solo go from point A to B to C to D - I'm not sure of the max - keeping your gimbal settings intact from each waypoint.
Yes, it IS cable cam, Multi Point Cable Cam = MPCC.

I haven't found a max yet, I doubt there is one? I've done 25+ waypoints just to test it out, worked great.

Great work, Cody. Those brightly colored socks are an excellent way to identify you against the landscape. The orange almost looks neon.
heh thanks!
re: socks.. I bought my first pair in blue (they are Zensah compression sleeves) and liked the visual interest they added, so I went for neon green & orange next haha :) It's still funny to me that I made a fashion choice just for these videos. It worked out, though, I really like the energy they add, and for a bonus, the company that makes them noticed me on Instagram.

Keeping it going, here are a few recent favorites :)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I mostly feel like I'm still just experimenting with this and having fun with it, but I'm also trying to come up with a creative concept of some sort for something longer that I could enter into Rise of the Drones video competition this year. Anyway, here are my latest posts.

Also a fun sidenote, I won $250 from Airvuz.com weekly video contest :) Instagram video by AirVūz • Apr 25, 2016 at 4:51pm UTC

Reactions: Acroduster
Thank you! I have lots of ideas left to try out, stay tuned :)

I'll put a few of my more complex cables so far here:

second half of this one:

Awesome timing with your running and the copter... very inspiring and well done!

Reactions: Cody
Cody,

These are nothing short of amazing. Very inspiring!!

Can you share with us a little of the nuts and bolts? How many points do you usually add? How do you choreograph it all? Do you set up the MPCC at one speed and then Record at a different speed?

Well done!!

heh thanks!
re: socks.. I bought my first pair in blue (they are Zensah compression sleeves) and liked the visual interest they added, so I went for neon green & orange next haha :) It's still funny to me that I made a fashion choice just for these videos. It worked out, though, I really like the energy they add, and for a bonus, the company that makes them noticed me on Instagram.

Let them use your videos and get some free gear! :)

These are nothing short of amazing. Very inspiring!!

Can you share with us a little of the nuts and bolts? How many points do you usually add? How do you choreograph it all? Do you set up the MPCC at one speed and then Record at a different speed?

Well done!!

Thanks Mike!

Sure I can answer any questions...

How many points? Depends on the shot but I'd say maybe 5-6 points average. Around 20 probably the highest so far.

How do I choreograph? I know the park I live by very well, so I usually have at least some idea of what I want when I go out for a run. I have the 3DR backpack and it is comfortable enough to run with. I'm pretty good at visualizing a flight path before I get started.. a lifetime of video games helps me there, I guess. Also I love that I can set up a cable then if I have to swap batteries I can just reload it afterward (though this doesn't always work out perfectly, altitude can drift significantly).

Your question about MPCC.. setting up a cable doesn't mean you have to fly the route at a certain speed, you just set up the waypoints by flying to each and adding them to the cable, the flight path is made from those waypoints. This is great because you can take the time to frame up the shot you want at each waypoint.

Here's a photo of my backpack setup, I have the FPVLR antenna and just put it in the slot above, and props go in the zipper pouch in the lid.
i-TqSZ4Hn-L.jpg

Last edited:
My latest videos!

This is awesome stuff Cody! I am seriously going to have to PM you as not only do I have a Solo but I also recently decided to start running some of the trails I ride my Mountain Bike on!

My questions won't be limited to MPCC but also the gear you use for running (although I now know your choice of compression sock!)

Great work and congrats on the prize!

This is awesome stuff Cody! I am seriously going to have to PM you as not only do I have a Solo but I also recently decided to start running some of the trails I ride my Mountain Bike on!

My questions won't be limited to MPCC but also the gear you use for running (although I now know your choice of compression sock!)

Great work and congrats on the prize!

Nice, and thanks! Feel free to PM me here or just message me on Instagram

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo