collision avoidance

Reaction score
Do you know who or what company that install PMI RF Radar Sense and Avoid MODEL on solos?

I need to mail my 3dr solo off to have one installed an collision avoidance componet before I crash into another palm tree.

thanks

Do you know who or what company that install PMI RF Radar Sense and Avoid MODEL on solos?

I need to mail my 3dr solo off to have one installed an collision avoidance componet before I crash into another palm tree.

thanks
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
contact these guys...

Or just do it yourself ? You need a small screwdriver and just need to plug in 4 connectors...Looks easy peasy??

The installation actually looks very straight forward and uncomplicated. I am very confident that I could do the installation myself, actually I am fairly confident that if I were too busy to do it myself, my dog could probably handle it.
The difficulty I AM having is figuring out how to actually get one of these. Does anyone have an actual link to a purchase page or even price info? FYI simply providing a link to the PMI product announcement page at RFCafe or a link to the PMI page itself isn't going to get me what I need. I have been to both of them already and have not been able to obtain pricing or actually purchase this product, only an email address to a purchase agent. I guess it's possible that is my only available route to obtaining one of these but if someone knows of a simpler method, I am all ears.
SKuhn68

Reactions: XevetS
The installation actually looks very straight forward and uncomplicated. I am very confident that I could do the installation myself, actually I am fairly confident that if I were too busy to do it myself, my dog could probably handle it.
The difficulty I AM having is figuring out how to actually get one of these. Does anyone have an actual link to a purchase page or even price info? FYI simply providing a link to the PMI product announcement page at RFCafe or a link to the PMI page itself isn't going to get me what I need. I have been to both of them already and have not been able to obtain pricing or actually purchase this product, only an email address to a purchase agent. I guess it's possible that is my only available route to obtaining one of these but if someone knows of a simpler method, I am all ears.
SKuhn68

I looked up a phone number and called them a few months ago and was told that it never left R&D bc the solo is not being sold new anymore

Unless they were practically going to give it away the product was going to launch to crash no matter how good it was.

Many of you know at one point in time I was the biggest 3dr solo Fanboy known to man I have more solos than many of you put together in some instances... With that said I say this with care for your pocketbook and your personal enjoyment when I tell you the solo will never be a maevic pro, the solo will never be a phantom 4, the solo will never be in Inspire 2, the solo will never be a Yuneec H... No matter how many upgrades or how much money are awesome the green cube is reported to be it is still a solo in Flight characteristics are generations behind at this point.. I'm not trying to belabor the point or create an opposing versus solo thread.. your money is best spent upgrading to something more current. Get something you like get out into the field and go fly don't waste time researching upgrades and ordering things from Tim Buck 5 for more money than they're worth in hopes that you're going to have something better than something that you could have gotten for less straight away with warranty brand new from DJI or others.

Reactions: IrishmanPDX
Many of you know at one point in time I was the biggest 3dr solo Fanboy known to man I have more solos than many of you put together in some instances... With that said I say this with care for your pocketbook and your personal enjoyment when I tell you the solo will never be a maevic pro, the solo will never be a phantom 4, the solo will never be in Inspire 2, the solo will never be a Yuneec H... No matter how many upgrades or how much money are awesome the green cube is reported to be it is still a solo in Flight characteristics are generations behind at this point.. I'm not trying to belabor the point or create an opposing versus solo thread.. your money is best spent upgrading to something more current. Get something you like get out into the field and go fly don't waste time researching upgrades and ordering things from Tim Buck 5 for more money than they're worth in hopes that you're going to have something better than something that you could have gotten for less straight away with warranty brand new from DJI or others.
ChicagoCNC Geez dad, you're no fun. : (

It's the truth though. While the solo is still fun to fly, I think it's benefit lies more in learning to tear it apart, replace hardware, upgrade software and as a gateway dru... I mean... drone builder... Seriously, if you want to learn how to build drones, buy a solo, you'll eventually want to build something better and it's a good place to start learning.

Don't get dji . I have seen a lot videos where there is glitch in video feeds. Jumping frames like they try to catch but late. And don't try to get from SOLO different drone! It will be Solo do to BLACK cube or a Green Cube or Oringe Cube (replacement for BLACK cube. ) Solo is great! If you don't like it go on and get out of Solo community. But with some work you can make LIDAR avoidance. Just need do some research.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc