Certified FAA Remote Pilot Seal

Reaction score
I have not noticed an official Certified FAA Remote Pilot Seal we can post on a web site or plaster on a business card so I've put one together. If you can use it, consider it a courtesy of XoomLenz LLC.

View attachment 4317

Kind Regards,
baldguy

I have not noticed an official Certified FAA Remote Pilot Seal we can post on a web site or plaster on a business card so I've put one together. If you can use it, consider it a courtesy of XoomLenz LLC.

Kind Regards,
baldguy
Your attachment shows an "error" when clicked.

Wouldn't open for me either, but it is on the front page of his web site as well. Looks Good BG!

Excellent pic Maddog. I tried to go to 333.org but it says it is under construction. However the photo is so good it could be used as is.

Excellent pic Maddog. I tried to go to 333.org but it says it is under construction. However the photo is so good it could be used as is.
Yes, he's changing it to "107.org"

I scanned the patch into my desktop PC and converted it to a PNG.
I'm having trouble connecting to this website but will upload it as soon as I can.

I will also email the scanned image if anybody wants it sent to them. The pic I just posted was taken with my iPad mini.

Hi Dave, your concerns are well taken and, I'm certain, well intended. For that, I'm very grateful. However, to take the conversation a step further, I made the hodgepodge seal because an official one didn't seem to exist. As a long-time government employee, I know we often created programs and new policy and didn't have time or funding to create the peripheral niceties such as a logo, seal, or patch, and would rely on an "art contest" to have someone else submit ideas; make the selection, then press on. Since a certified remote pilot seal didn't exist, I hoped to jump-start that process. It is not for sale; it is free for downloading so I have not and will not profit from the image. Why is it so important right now? It was the FAA who said we could not fly commercially then they came out with a path to do so via the 333 then 107. The seal is to signify we are rule followers. I'm a rule follower and have waited for official guidance from the FAA for ANY commercial activity. While waiting for my 333, along came 107. GREAT! I studied like crazy and actually passed the test. Wow! Since we have cared enough about the law and the authority of the FAA to study for, take, and pass the 107, the seal shows the public, by the FAA's authority, that we're professionals who care about the rules, public safety, security, and privacy--that we want the industry to move forward in a structured and safe manner for the good of society. The seal, as unofficial as it is at this time, also tells the FAA we take their work and guidance very seriously. As a federal employee, I often made difficult decisions and had to ask myself if I could stand before congress and answer why I did one thing or another. I would be glad, in good faith, to answer anyone as to why I made this simple seal. It's a contribution for the good of the industry. This was more than you asked for but again, I sincerely appreciate your post on the subject as we move this industry forward. Fly Safe!

Respectfully,
baldguy

Reactions: Dave Folts
Hi Dave, your concerns are well taken and, I'm certain, well intended. For that, I'm very grateful. However, to take the conversation a step further, I made the hodgepodge seal because an official one didn't seem to exist. As a long-time government employee, I know we often created programs and new policy and didn't have time or funding to create the peripheral niceties such as a logo, seal, or patch, and would rely on an "art contest" to have someone else submit ideas; make the selection, then press on. Since a certified remote pilot seal didn't exist, I hoped to jump-start that process. It is not for sale; it is free for downloading so I have not and will not profit from the image. Why is it so important right now? It was the FAA who said we could not fly commercially then they came out with a path to do so via the 333 then 107. The seal is to signify we are rule followers. I'm a rule follower and have waited for official guidance from the FAA for ANY commercial activity. While waiting for my 333, along came 107. GREAT! I studied like crazy and actually passed the test. Wow! Since we have cared enough about the law and the authority of the FAA to study for, take, and pass the 107, the seal shows the public, by the FAA's authority, that we're professionals who care about the rules, public safety, security, and privacy--that we want the industry to move forward in a structured and safe manner for the good of society. The seal, as unofficial as it is at this time, also tells the FAA we take their work and guidance very seriously. As a federal employee, I often made difficult decisions and had to ask myself if I could stand before congress and answer why I did one thing or another. I would be glad, in good faith, to answer anyone as to why I made this simple seal. It's a contribution for the good of the industry. This was more than you asked for but again, I sincerely appreciate your post on the subject as we move this industry forward. Fly Safe!

Respectfully,
baldguy
Baldguy-
You have a few things out of perspective. Just yesterday, I passed my FAA Private Pilot Practical test...6 hours of grueling examination Q&A and the toughest flying I've ever had to do. I went into pilot training because LAST YEAR one had to be a pilot, preferably commercial, to charge for a commercial UAV support flight etc. So, I went and got a license. And guess what...I don't have a seal! WTF over? All I got was a little scrap of paper with signatures and legalese. I'm crestfallen! It signifies I am CERTIFIED to operate a single-engine land plane in US airspace. Period.

Secondly: what is this?: "we often created programs and new policy and didn't have time or funding". So, why were you doing it? How can you say you are a rule follower when you overstep your budget or legal program authorities?

While I was spending $11k to get said PP license, FAA, the stewards of the airspace over the USA, decided Part 107 was sufficient for a remote pilot inside Line Of Sight ops. But I pressed on, because on 29 Aug, I already had 60+ flight hours logged and was just about to gradate from my Part 141 course of instruction and get the FAA practical exam.
So, after all the work, time from working a real job, and spending lots of money, I can take an online click course and get a 107 ticket. Gee, how nice.

Fact: the FAA owns exactly SQUAT (its we the people that "own" the Govt and the airspace, right?) and their boundaries are set by Congress. They are a "steward" not law makers nor do they have law enforcement authority. Their rule making is subject to review and opinion by we the people who's airspace they oversee.
I signed a Pilots Bill of Rights yesterday which establishes a legal agreement between me and said Govt agency, steward of the airways, that I will follow said rules and procedures of 14 CFR, and that the FAA has to follow due process to pull my cert or subject me to a flight exam out of cycle.
So, if the FAA is trying to get ahead of the impending drone cloud, are then remote (107) pilots receiving the same rights as Part 61/141 pilots? I sure as hell hope so. Right now, I'm on the fence. I see natural bureaucratic overreach by the career FAA guys who need to do something BIG to get promoted to GS-13 etc, etc. But in reality, have overstepped their authority.

Frankly, all that matters is that you have a LEGAL cert in your billfold you can show your prospective clients. A logo is just a fancy sticker.

Thanks for your input Dave and congrats on your PPL. That is a legit accomplishment.

Kind Regards,
baldguy
I second that- I got my PPL in 1988 and was surprised at how much work was involved. Before I started I thought it would be a cakewalk- wrong. It wasn't easy but I felt very confident afterwards even though I knew I had only gotten "a license to learn".

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc