Case "Mountain" In Connecticut

Reaction score
I did a hike to the top of Case Mountain in Connecticut yesterday afternoon. It is not so much a mountain as it is a hill or steep stroll through the woods at 700+ feet above sea level. There are nice views of Hartford Connecticut, which, due to visibility, was a little hazy in the distance. I think I'll be going back when the leaves change in the fall which will make this a real nice flight. It took forever to acquire the satellites, which was annoying because I wanted to fly. I kept my Solo close as this was my third flight with it and there were some gusts of wind that made me nervous. Furthest distance from me was only 800 feet. I played with selfie mode and orbit a bit. I landed at 30% battery with roughly 13 minutes of flight. I kept the cut of video short. I have a longer version but my turns were a bit choppy in it.
Anyway, enjoy
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Welcome to the forum Death- looks good!
An ND filter will help with the haze- I never film without one.

Filming the turning leaves will be awesome!

Good call on the ND filter! I just did some research on it. When I turn toward the sun I get some weird black wavy lines on the video. Do you think the ND filter will help with that too?

Good call on the ND filter! I just did some research on it. When I turn toward the sun I get some weird black wavy lines on the video. Do you think the ND filter will help with that too?
Without seeing the lines, I suspect they are prop shadows on the lens. Caused by the sun shining through the props onto the lens.

The ND filter will eliminate that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo