Carl Bradshaw

Reaction score
Semi-retired electronics engineer/country boy. Been flying r/c planes for 20 years. New to Solo ownership but I've been studying it for a couple years now.
I'll be glad to help anyone through an electronic issue. Hit me up anytime!

Cheers [emoji481]

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the 3DRPilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in 3DR quadcopters.
Enjoy the forum!

Semi-retired electronics engineer/country boy. Been flying r/c planes for 20 years. New to Solo ownership but I've been studying it for a couple years now.
I'll be glad to help anyone through an electronic issue. Hit me up anytime!

Cheers [emoji481]
Hi Carl. Welcome. Concerning your offer of assistance w/electrical issues: I do not have an electrical issue, so to speak however I am curious to know if , when I modified a 2.1 cube for 5v, that I didn't fk it up. The bird flys, but to satisfy my burning curiousity, where do I place my meter leads to confirm a 5v reading as opposed to a 3.3v reading? I appreciate any reply. Thanks, Carl.

Hi Carl. Welcome. Concerning your offer of assistance w/electrical issues: I do not have an electrical issue, so to speak however I am curious to know if , when I modified a 2.1 cube for 5v, that I didn't fk it up. The bird flys, but to satisfy my burning curiousity, where do I place my meter leads to confirm a 5v reading as opposed to a 3.3v reading? I appreciate any reply. Thanks, Carl.
I was under the impression that the pixhawk 2.1 was already set for 5 volts. Are you talking about modifying a pixhawk 2.0?
If the pixhawk 2.1 has to be modified to 5 volts, could you provide a link to the instructions?
I can definitely answer your question, I just need to know exactly which cube you are speaking of because the board architecture is different.

I was under the impression that the pixhawk 2.1 was already set for 5 volts. Are you talking about modifying a pixhawk 2.0?
If the pixhawk 2.1 has to be modified to 5 volts, could you provide a link to the instructions?
I can definitely answer your question, I just need to know exactly which cube you are speaking of because the board architecture is different.
Hey Carl. Thanks for getting back to me. The original Solo cube is 2.0 The updated, new cube is 2.1 The Green Cube is also a 2.1, however it comes with the internal jumper already taken care of. There's a member who owns a store and is very active and talented in this industry. He performs the operation on a standard 2.1 Pixhawk cube to make it the 'Green Cube". I will try and attach a few links for your perusal. Perhaps I am incorrect in assuming a test could be performed at the motor pod to verify the success of my attempt at converting the 2.1 to the 2.1 Green Cube. But that's what I was hoping for. 3DR Solo Cube 5v modification (Run ArduCopter safely with stock cube) – Madhacker.org 3DR Solo - ArduCopter Master Upgrade — Copter documentation Pixhawk 2.1 Cube on Solo

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc