Can't change map provider in Tower to Mapbox

Reaction score
Hi,

I can't change the map provider in Tower. It only gives me google map option. See attached picture:
Screenshot_2016-09-28-14-01-26.png.

The same happens in the two devices I use:
1.- Cellphone Samsung Galaxy J5, Android 5.1.1, Tower v3.2.1
2.- Tablet Samsung Galaxy Tab 4, Android 5.0.2, Tower v3.2.1

I want to use Mapbox so any help would be very apreciatted.

Tower map selection has mysteriously changed and Mapbox seemed to magically disappear. I was using it and had it set in Tower, but installed Tower Beta 4.x and found the settings again in a sub-menu - though it still claims it is using Google Maps. I think it's using Mapbox, as set, because quite honestly, Mapbox maps seem older than Google's.

Hard to explain. Just download Tower Beta 4.x and take a look. It can peacefully co-exist on the same device as Tower 3.2.1 and no specific problems have been reported here from people flying it more extensively than I. It also no longer requires 3DR Services.

New Tower v. 4.0.0-beta.2 released

Last edited:
Thanks for your answer... I will definitely try that!!!

I downloaded Tower v4.0.0-beta.8 and it doesn't have Mapbox as map provider. It has Google and Baidu...:(

I downloaded Tower v4.0.0-beta.8 and it doesn't have Mapbox as map provider. It has Google and Baidu...:(
Look in the SUB-menus... Settings -> User Interface -> Map Provider Preferences -> Map Tile Provider. Once Mapbox is selected, go to Tile Provider Preferences and set Mapbox id and Mapbox Access Token.

I'm just a hack and the way I find myself around any new software is to "indiscriminately click on things". Sometimes it bites me in the butt, usually it opens horizons. 3DR, Tower, and even Solex have precious little documentation so simply 'click on things...'.

I don't know why this Tower menu structure exists as it does as it is not intuitive, but try it and let us know your results. It's betaware, developed by programmers... but I suspect, not everyday users. It's good stuff, but darn... :confused:

Oh, my mistake... I found it, after your detailed explanation, thank you!!! It is also in the same place in Tower 3.2.1.
I'm not trying to justify my lack of search capability, but I don't understand why there are 2 menus where you can choose map providers and both with diferent options.

...I'm not trying to justify my lack of search capability, but I don't understand why there are 2 menus where you can choose map providers and both with diferent options.
It's a mystery wrapped in a conundrum... :confused:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc