Can you recalibrate solo battery?

Reaction score
I remember when I first flew my solo I didn't charge the batteries all the way up. Now, I happened to read somewhere that if you didn't charge them up, it won't know exactly how much charge is in them. Can I recalibrate solo's batteries?

I forgot to say that I also read that smart devices like laptops can rcalibrate the batteries and that is why I was asking if solo could

I had a couple of wonky batteries (only showed 85% after full charge on my LiPo charger. "Fixed" it by pushing and holding the battery power button and then plugging it into the charger.

Reactions: RDA
I had a couple of wonky batteries (only showed 85% after full charge on my LiPo charger. "Fixed" it by pushing and holding the battery power button and then plugging it into the charger.
Thanks, I'll try it when I get home

Where did you hear about that? Is it documented somewhere. I tried it but I don't get any feedback that something happened

Where did you hear about that? Is it documented somewhere. I tried it but I don't get any feedback that something happened

Totally pulled it out of my butt, but it seemed to work for me.
I'm assuming (if it was not a freak accident on 2 batteries) that it somehow resets the smart battery circuitry.
I'll admit that I didn't control all the parameters in my "experiment" and had also switched from my Hitec LiPo charger to the stock 3DR charger when I experienced my success.
I'm hoping for other stories of success or failure to see if I was just lucky.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig