>
Solo Discussion
>
Welcome to 3DRPilots.com

< Prev1←424344454647
andrew.baker.142
andrew.baker.142
just_bruce said: ↑
I think he was asking about flight profiles rather than mission profiles....
Yea my mistake. Thanks for the correction
#921 Aug 12, 2017
Solo_Maverick
Solo_Maverick
just_bruce said: ↑
I think he was asking about flight profiles rather than mission profiles....
Correct.

For example. I have 2 Solos and plan to install the Greencube, new GPS module, etc. in one. The other will remain stock.

For the upgraded one I plan to use more advanced flight modes (e.g. higher speed and altitude, and other stuff that the better one will take better).

This will affect each drone's profile in the tablet's app.

Can I create more than one drone profile?
#922 Aug 13, 2017
David Boulanger
David Boulanger
Once again Solex has amazed me. First it was the Auto Battery detection. Today I discover that in the app settings I can flip my video feed if I have a camera mounted inverted. This just keeps getting better and better
#923 Aug 21, 2017
SteveReno
SteveReno
Kelly Schrock
Yesterday at 10:31pm
I hope everyone's ready for what's about to happen. It's going to be an important event in everyone's lives. It will only happen once. Plants and animals are likely to react strangely to it, and people are coming out by the millions to see it happen. Be sure and shield your eyes, but do take the time to witness this historic occasion.

That's right. I'm talking about the release of Solex 1.5.5. :-D

Boat Mode setting

There's a new Boat Mode setting in Vehicle Settings, for people who are flying their Solos off of boats. When you turn the setting on, you'll need to reboot your Solo before the setting takes effect. (Green Cube ONLY!)

Improved Green-Cube detection

There's a new approach in place for deciding whether a package is compatible with the Solo you're trying to install it on. This one detects actual hardware differences, vs just looking for a parameter that a Green Cube-equipped Solo would have that a stock Solo wouldn't. The problem is cases where new firmware has been installed on a stock Solo, which would fool the old approach into thinking it was communicating with a Green Cube Solo. The new approach looks for specific hardware IDs in the parameters, to avoid that happening.

Some bug fixes

I noticed a high number of crashes in missions, related to something really dumb I did with calculating average mission speed. Crashes suck, so I'm pushing this release out earlier than I would have otherwise.

Be careful out there.
#924 Aug 22, 2017
David Boulanger and DJMc like this.
Sam007
Sam007
SteveReno said: ↑
Kelly Schrock
I hope everyone's ready for what's about to happen. It's going to be an important event in everyone's lives. It will only happen once. Plants and animals are likely to react strangely to it, and people are coming out by the millions to see it happen. Be sure and shield your eyes, but do take the time to witness this historic occasion.

That's right. I'm talking about the release of Solex 1.5.5. [IMG]:-D

Boat Mode setting

There's a new Boat Mode setting in Vehicle Settings, for people who are flying their Solos off of boats. When you turn the setting on, you'll need to reboot your Solo before the setting takes effect. (Green Cube ONLY!)

There's a new approach in place for deciding whether a package is compatible with the Solo you're trying to install it on. This one detects actual hardware differences, vs just looking for a parameter that a Green Cube-equipped Solo would have that a stock Solo wouldn't. The problem is cases where new firmware has been installed on a stock Solo, which would fool the old approach into thinking it was communicating with a Green Cube Solo. The new approach looks for specific hardware IDs in the parameters, to avoid that happening.

Some bug fixes

I noticed a high number of crashes in missions, related to something really dumb I did with calculating average mission speed. Crashes suck, so I'm pushing this release out earlier than I would have otherwise.

Be careful out there.
I noticed the crashes on the Mission planet, but it was difficult to replicate all the time and therefore I was waiting a little longer to see if it continued before reporting. Glad that Kelly was able to catch it before we all stared "hounding" him.
#925 Aug 22, 2017
David Boulanger
David Boulanger
The app crashing or Solo's crashing? Big difference and just curious.
#926 Aug 22, 2017
Sam007
Sam007
The app.
#927 Aug 22, 2017
David Boulanger
David Boulanger
O.K.. I'll stick with Mission Planner. I do love Solex though. What a great job that has been done.
#928 Aug 22, 2017
SteveReno
SteveReno
What kind of device "Monitor" your using that keeps on crashing?
#929 Aug 22, 2017
Sam007
Sam007
Solex kept crashing when I was defining a waypoints mission, but this has been fixed with the latest update. Not sure why your asking because I noted this in my previous comments. I also noted that Kelly also experienced this behaviour and that is one of the reasons why he released his recent update.
#930 Aug 22, 2017
SteveReno
SteveReno
Sam007 said: ↑
Solex kept crashing when I was defining a waypoints mission, but this has been fixed with the latest update. Not sure why your asking because I noted this in my previous comments. I also noted that Kelly also experienced this behaviour and that is one of the reasons why he released his recent update.
I asked because I haven't seen any crashes on my Nexus 6 or 7.
#931 Aug 24, 2017
Sam007
Sam007
I asked because I haven't seen any crashes on my Nexus 6 or 7.
Sorry Steve, I thought you were doubting me and hopefully I did not come across being abrupt, which is very easy to do in this digital world of ours :-(.
To answer your question It crashed on my Nexus 7 (2013) and HTC M1.
#932 Aug 25, 2017
cdeaglejr
cdeaglejr
Does anyone know if Solex will run on an ASUS Zenpad 8?
#933 Saturday at 1:54 PM
SteveReno
SteveReno
Sam007 said: ↑
Sorry Steve, I thought you were doubting me and hopefully I did not come across being abrupt, which is very easy to do in this digital world of ours :-(.
To answer your question It crashed on my Nexus 7 (2013) and HTC M1.
I'm not there to see it, So i don't doubt anything anyone says.
I also told Kelly i'm not having problems with the app. as he & you & others have experiences.

But like you said, Kelly has put in a fix.
Sorry for the delay in replying, had to doge Harvey for a while, Just got back today.
#934 Wednesday at 7:25 PM
JoKeR
JoKeR
Loon
#935 Yesterday at 12:17 AM
Costa Rica Represent
Costa Rica Represent
Guides, Updates & Questions & Answers about using Solex

I receive no commission from sales, Don't need anything from the author except his friendship & his Kick ASS APP Solex!

Ta-da... Another Solex update. 1.1.6

Yes, I know it's Sunday evening, and I cannot possibly have put out another batch of features since Friday. I didn't. Here's the list of things in the new release:

. Settings-write prompt for Android 6.0

This is for Android 6.0 devices that require special permissions in order to run. If you're running any other Android version, you won't notice this one. If you're on Android 6.0, you'll see a prompt to open the super-secret special permissions page to grant Solex permissions it has on every other Android version.

. Fix reset bug in HDR Shot

This is an obscure issue: Suppose you have your camera set to Video mode and you do an HDR Shot. When it's done, it will set your camera back to Video mode, in an effort to be convenient and helpful. This issue fixes the case where it will do that when you're running a *different* shot. This fixes something none of you have probably noticed, so another not-a-big-deal fix.

. Vehicle Settings sliders updates

A couple of people mentioned that the sliders in the Vehicle Settings screen were hard to move. They were, but I hadn't done anything about it until now. They're smoother now.

. Fixed performance issue with video on Samsung

This one is the impetus for a Sunday evening release.

A couple of people mentioned that their Samsung devices had video troubles with Solex, and mentioned really slow frame rates and the app acting like it was locked up.

If you're interested in the details (which are kind of interesting if you're into how the Solo works), read on. Otherwise, skip to the bottom and read up from there until it gets boring. [IMG]:)

Looking into the problem, I discovered that on startup, Solo occasionally sends a HUGE torrent of "parameter received" messages without being asked for them. It doesn't always happen, but does about half the time with my Solo. The rate of incoming messages at that time is up to 300 messages per second, or one every 3ms. I wasn't measuring traffic volume before (didn't realize there was a need), but now that I am, 300 messages/second is 10 times higher than normal.

(For reference: "parameter received" messages are for flight-controller parameters, the kind of data dealt with by the Vehicle Settings screen.)

An Nvidia or Nexus device is fast enough it can apparently handle this kind of traffic without any (or much) issue, so I never noticed it. But my S7 Edge was fairly close to locked up in that case. In addition to hogging the connection for needless messages, the message traffic also overwhelms these devices so they're too busy to display the video frames that come in. I had no idea it was doing all this, until I started logging the messages.

There's really no way to tell Solo to stop sending those messages, but what works fairly reliably is to request a full set of parameters from it. That starts the "parameter refresh" process which runs through the entire parameter list and then ends in about 3-5 seconds. Then it calms down, and traffic levels drop to normal.

I've seen Solo do the same thing when connected to Tower as well, where the Parameters screen would never finish loading. It's the same issue, and appears to be on the Solo side.

So, the fix is kind of interesting. The main message processor in Solex now watches to see how fast messages are coming in. If the rate is too high, it starts filtering out the parameter-related messages so the high traffic doesn't affect other parts of the app. Their message rates are thus normal. Then the main processor starts a watchdog to periodically check message rate, and ask Solo for a parameter list if it detects the problem. Then it waits to see if it was successful, trying again if it wasn't. While it's working on getting Solo to calm down, you'll see that little warning shown in the picture at the bottom of this post. Once it succeeds, the message disappears.

With this logic in place, I've tested this a LOT this afternoon and evening, and Solex always manages to get it to act normal after 10-15 seconds at most. Usually within 3-5 seconds.

If you've managed to stick with this long post, this seems like good news. If you've been using a device where Solex's video feed seemed kind of slow and jerky, it could have been because of the high message traffic. So, theoretically, your video feed should be smoother now.

Well, that's it.

BTW, there won't be a Friday update this week, I'll be in Dallas at a conference.

==============================================================
Here's the latest version of Solex, 1.1.5. Here's a list of new features:

. HDR Photo Shot
. New Spot Mode/ROI
. Full Screen/immersive flight screen
. Gimbal angle display on flight screen
. Restore heading/gimbal angle on "Fly to point"
. Fix Max Distance setting
. Fix a crash in the Geofence screen
. Fix missing Hero3+Black frame rates
. Fix for Moto X Pure/6.0 (fingers crossed)

Thanks,
Kelly

Looks like some new features & a few
Forgot who, but someone was asking about add ons, updates, fixes & New Features that Kelly has included in Solex as to date:
Note: "Ver. 1.1.5 updates & Fixes not included in list below"

Smart Shots:
Follow/Manual: Touch an object on the screen to follow
Follow/Record: Record a flight path and follow it later
Follow/Remote: Follow users who are broadcasting their locations via companion app
Follow/Me: Normal Follow like Solo app
Orbit: Like 3DR Solo app, except easier to position the start point
Cable Cam: Like 3DR Solo app
Selfie: Like the 3DR Solo app (improved version coming in an update)
Zipline: Like the 3DR Solo app
Pano: Like the 3DR Solo app
HDR Photo: Take EV-bracketed shots
Spot Mode: Point at an object and lock the gimbal to follow it during manual flight

Tap to save location:

Tap the GPS location shown on screen, and name it and save a snapshot of it. It's saved in a flight log.
You can open flight logs later and fly to the saved locations by tapping them on a map.
Tap the GPS location shown on screen, and name it and save a snapshot of it. It's saved in a flight log
You can open flight logs later and fly to the saved locations by tapping them on a map.
Sharing:
You can share all of the files created by Solex including fences, cable cams, flight logs, Follow/Record flight.
sessions, etc. Useful for sharing with others, or for backups and import on new devices.

UI User Interface"

HUD view: Clear all decorations off the screen and display flight status in a HUD view.

uncategorised
Full GoPro support for Hero3+ Black, Hero 4 Silver and Hero 4 Black.
Periodically speak flight status as you fly (like Tower does).
Basic flight stats: Track total distance and total flight time
Show on-screen GPS location as UTM coordinates
Record TLOG files
Change LED colors
Kill switch: Instantly stop motors (disabled/hidden by default for obvious reasons)
Geofences: Create and store geofences in multiple locations
Support for connecting to multiple Solos (one at a time of course)
Calculates/displays remaining flight time based on battery draw during a flight
Calculates distance from home when warning about low battery
On-screen EV comp adjustment
Kelly, Please slow down! Your going for a Blowout!

WHAT'S NEW
New in this version:
. Tap to save location
. Fly to location on map
. Basic flight log
. Basic flight stats
. Now a bit smarter about network state
. Correct the "Aviation" LED label
. HUD units update
. Spoken flight status
. Fix vehicle settings param loading
. PAL camera settings fixes
View attachment 4337

Solex - Return to me feature

LED Control Solex App

Solex Target Test day

[/QUOTE
Kelly Schrock

That's right. I'm talking about the release of Solex 1.5.5. [IMG]:-D

Boat Mode setting

Some bug fixes

Be careful out there.
Hello Steeve, do you know if Solex plans to add a VR mode for VR googles or Google cardboard users? I will also think in VR mode to add the Gimbal´s 3-axis movement (only the gimbal, hehehehe) using the accelerometer of the smartphone will be a real flying experience for we all.

this will be huge and indeed I´ll prefer to pay and support Solex as a 3DR Solo Drone Expert rather than 3rd party apps like "4Fly" and "Litchi". I appreciate your thoughts.
#936 Yesterday at 5:07 PM
SteveReno
SteveReno
Costa Rica Represent said: ↑
Hello Steeve, do you know if Solex plans to add a VR mode for VR googles or Google cardboard users? I will also think in VR mode to add the Gimbal´s 3-axis movement (only the gimbal, hehehehe) using the accelerometer of the smartphone will be a real flying experience for we all.

this will be huge and indeed I´ll prefer to pay and support Solex as a 3DR Solo Drone Expert rather than 3rd party apps like "4Fly" and "Litchi". I appreciate your thoughts.
Welcome to 3DRPilots,

As far as VR mode for the Solo, isn't just a software fix. Need a way to overlay telemetry info over Video.
From the testing i done with Google Cardboard base app & others apps, the experience was very immersive, Totally awesome, But not comfortable on a hot day & no telemetry info.

You can only see what the Gopro see's.
I had tested some commands via Voice Control "Changing Video" mode from 4K to 2.7 also worked.
As to having Gimbal work parallel with head movement via accelerometer, was my next venture, but do to that i must remove headset to read values, was too important to me. so i stopped the project.

I done this about a 14 months ago. I'm sure things may have changed by now.
Hope this helps
#937 Yesterday at 5:37 PM
Krystal_Witch
Krystal_Witch
Can ANYBODY help me?

So I downloaded sole on my note 4 and I'm finding that it doesn't have half of the functions I'm seeing everybody else having like all the settings etc. One of the reasons I dl the app was so I could control the lights. On all the vids I've seen in the lower left corner you see telemetry and above that controls etc. Well, mine only has telemetry. I've tried everything and nothing wrx. So basically this app is useless to me. Can anybody help? Again I went to Google play and dl silex on to my note 4 and I have all the latest updates. I'd love to be able to have the functions I'm seeing everybody else have. Did they do away with everything? Ive attached a few screen shots showing all i have offered on the solex app. Btw...i was in a crazy mood when i named my wifi...lol. this is why it says poopy pantz...lol

[[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170901/a46abe51dc75b45f310e142e656e0a20.jpg

[
993db58711c70dada447a7b628fab261.jpg

[
746170fdb16a50c499d7a4cf47874631.jpg

[
e4f9f57fb6cc19eea52ebabf49e8d492.jpg

appreciate any/all help I can get. Thanx for your time....

-Ken

Did you really copy/paste a whole damned page into a new thread?

I think the device might be a little old for the task at hand. It was released over a year before the SOLO debuted, so I'm betting it lacks some horsepower.

Please keep it to one thread, if you would? Posting multiple places annoys some folks, and probably won't get you a solution any faster.

Reactions: IrishmanPDX
The screen shot says version 1.0.9, I think Solex is way past that now....1.5.5 Seems you have other problems, hopefully you didn't sideload the pirated version for your usage...

It should be 1.5.5. Get that sorted out and then ask one question at a time. Actually what
I found most useful was starting just the app, no Solo or controller, every morning while I was doing my morning constitutional. Then navigate around the app and see all the settings and options. Maybe rename your WiFi. Anything but what it is now.

The screen shot says version 1.0.9, I think Solex is way past that now....1.5.5 Seems you have other problems, hopefully you didn't sideload the pirated version for your usage...

Thanx for the reply....
No I got it from the play store. I was afraid I had an older version. I don't understand why I gave me the old version. I've uninstalled and really installed this a couple of times each with the same output.... so I'm not sure what to do about this....lol. says it's compatible with the note 4 soooooooo hmmmmm...

As you can see in the last pic I uploaded it gave me an old version. I must be doing something wrong......but what? Lol.

As you can see in the last pic I uploaded it gave me an old version. I must be doing something wrong......but what? Lol.
Is your phone updated to Android Lollipop at a minimum? I'm pretty sure that is a requirement for later versions of Solex.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo