Need help please!! Open Solo 4.0.0

Reaction score
I haven't got my drone out in about 3 years due to health issues. So today after reading for about a week about open solo and side pilot on IOS 14. I put open solo 4.0.0 then did all my pre-flight stuff took off and the right stick done nothing all I had was throttle up and down/height on the left stick and had to do a crash landing. Tried it again the same thing. I didn't get ten feet off the ground no wind perfect flying conditions. Have I lost all the flying skills I had or did one the update not take correctly? I did the Factory reset partition and clean install (not at the same time) of the open solo on copter and controller.

You will have to recalibrate.
Mission Planner is still the best for this.
Then change the RCMAP parameter in the Solo for Mode 1, throttle on right
Thank you so much for the information. I'm going to a huge field Monday so I'm going to recalibrate everything, but you have lost me with Mission Planner I googled it and read a little bit quick read. Is that a firmware I can use with Side Pilot or what kinda lost me there. Is this where I should start 3DR Solo - Initial ArduCopter Install Using Mission Planner & WinSCP — Copter documentation

By your question I gather that you only have a mobile device.
Mission Planner is a Ground Station that when connected to your Solo allows you to setup/calibrate/adjust… any parameters and setting, do missions, and a whole lot more.
Like SidePilot but deeper but it runs on Windoze unfortunately

Search the ArduCopter Wiki for all the information you will need.
You can do the parameter adjustments with SidePilot but if yours is like mine the Radio Calibration page is blank.
QGroundControl is an option for iOS

By your question I gather that you only have a mobile device.
Mission Planner is a Ground Station that when connected to your Solo allows you to setup/calibrate/adjust… any parameters and setting, do missions, and a whole lot more.
Like SidePilot but deeper but it runs on Windoze unfortunately

Search the ArduCopter Wiki for all the information you will need.
You can do the parameter adjustments with SidePilot but if yours is like mine the Radio Calibration page is blank.
QGroundControl is an option for iOS
I have a Windows PC and I have iOS 14 iPhone and iPad, So what way would you go about doing this step? Yes my Radio Calibration page is blank in Side Pilot.

Download and install Mission Planner onto your PC
Follow the instructions in the Mission Planner Wiki, they cover everything you need including settings to connect to the Solo.

Then you can do all the calibrations and settings there.

Download and install Mission Planner onto your PC
Follow the instructions in the Mission Planner Wiki, they cover everything you need including settings to connect to the Solo.

Then you can do all the calibrations and settings there.
Thank again for the help I will do it tonight or Monday and let you know what happens if I don't chop my head off with the drone lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela