Can you Pair (2) Solos with (2) Controllers?

Reaction score
So I have 2 Solos and 2 controllers. I can successfully pair 2 Solos with 1 controller and switch between them when the controller prompts to press the A+B buttons. But it doesn't seem possible to pair 2 Solos with 2 controllers...is that right? In other words, I'm trying to have both controllers work with either of the Solos...without having to re-pair them using the PAIR button.

It's not important, just trying to see if I could do it. I kinda like tinkering with these things as much as I like flying them.

Hmm. I'm able to do just this. I actually have 4 birds each paired with two controllers

Hmmm...I currently have solo #1 and solo #2 paired to controller #1....switch between them using A+B buttons. Then with all powered down, I turn on solo #1, then turn on controller #2...which displays WAITING FOR SOLO. I then press the PAIR button on solo #1...display on controller #2 never changes. I get the same results with solo #2 and controller #2. Am I something wrong?

Just thought of something...my solo #1 wifi has a different name than solo #2 wifi....both have same IP address. I wonder if that would make a difference.

Last edited:
I think controller #2 isn't broadcasting/receiving. Have you peered inside at the LEDs ?

I can pair solo1 and solo2 to controller1...OR I can pair solo1 and solo2 to controller2. The problem is that once both solos are paired with a controller, they then won't respond when the PAIR button is pressed on the other controller...the other controller just sits displays WAITING FOR SOLO forever.

Not sure what you mean "peered inside at the LEDS"...what LEDS?

Do all your solos have the same network name and IP address?

Can you fly both at the same time with one controller? Now that would cool.

I don't think so. The controller can only be actively paired (communicate and control) with one solo at a time. If you used the PAIR button to set up 2 solos, it appears that the controller will actively pair with the first solo it sees...the other solo doesn't communicate with the controller. I THINK this is how it works.

they then won't respond when the PAIR button is pressed on the other controller...the other controller just sits displays WAITING FOR SOLO forever.

Not sure what you mean "peered inside at the LEDS"...what LEDS?
The correct way to pair up controller and solo is as follows.

Power on the controller then power up the solo, once booted push the pair button underneath the solo with a toothpick or similar tool wait for the new solo found on the controller screen and press a&b simultaneously..

If you power up the controller and peer underneath into the vents you will see three LED's one red and one green solid LED, and one orange flashing LED this means the controller booted properly otherwise there is a problem..

Power on the controller then power up the solo, once booted push the pair button underneath the solo with a toothpick or similar tool wait for the new solo found on the controller screen and press a&b simultaneously..
I have no problem pairing 1 or 2 solos to a single controller...that's a piece of cake. My problem is pairing 1 or 2 solos to 2 different controllers.

That's the setup I have...except stock cubes on both. Are your wifi names and IP addresses the same?

Now that I know if can be done...I'm just gonna keep playing with it until I get it...or at least until I get too frustrated to continue. Thanks for the help.

I even paired my rover with the 2 solos, so 2 solos and a rover on 2 separate controllers, its a pain that way though its easier to just grab a controller and fly although it only takes a sec to pair...guess i'm lazy...
just make sure you reboot both the solo and controller before trying to pair them all and make sure the controller booted properly that your trying to pair

Reactions: jimloss
One last question...just to be clear. Once you have paired all your solos using the PAIR button, you never have to use that button again...controllers display NEW DEVICE FOUND, PRESS A+B to PAIR (or something to that effect)...correct?

I went as far as to pair both controllers between 2 solos each time I boot either solo and/or either controller I get new solo found press a&b to pair..but you must power down both the solo and controller each time.

Once again have you checked the LED'S in the suspect controller?

One last question...just to be clear. Once you have paired all your solos using the PAIR button, you never have to use that button again...controllers display NEW DEVICE FOUND, PRESS A+B to PAIR (or something to that effect)...correct?

OK I just tried this once again and one of the controllers hanged up i.e was waiting for solo so it does seem that pairing 2 controllers between 2 solo's causes an issue go figure?.. It seemed to work at first but it's not so don't beat your head in trying to accomplish this either use 1 controller for 2 birds or 2 controllers 1 for each bird?
So what is the reasoning to do this? I'm curious..

yes...LEDs look good. I have also found that the controller has to be power cycled before it will come back up and see the new solo. I just tried again...same results :(.

So I have solo1 and solo2 working on controller1...prompts to press A+B when different solo is powered up when controller is powered up...that is all good. Below is how I am next trying to pair to controller2.

With all powered down, power up solo1, power up controller2...WAITING FOR SOLO displays. At this point I press the PAIR button on solo1 for 1 second. Within a few seconds, the display shows NEW DEVICE FOUND PRESS A+B START PAIRING. I press A+B, solo pairs, everything is great...solo1 appears to now be paired with controller2 and controller1.

The problem: I now power everything off. Power up solo1, power up controller1...WAITING FOR SOLO displays...and it never changes...it is not seeing solo1. If I now press the PAIR button solo1...it pairs right up with controller1. But now, if I power everything down, power up solo1 and controller2...solo1 is not seen by controller2. It's like when I use the PAIR button to pair with controller1, it kills the pairing with controller2...and vice versa.

Sorry for the rant...but wanted to get the procedure written out so maybe someone can help.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado