Can we have another section: Solo Technical

Reaction score
SOLO TECHNICAL:
Is it time we expanded to include the technical aspects and conversations that we have about Solo.?

At the moment GPS, wifi, batteries, motors, pods, antennas, leds, expansion boards, gimbals, gopros, settings, adjustments, mods, good ideas etc etc etc are all being lost into the Discussion section.
Discussion is fine, Help is usefull too, but lets have somewhere to park the technical stuff before the discussion section just becomes so bloated that not much is able to be found without using the search function.
After all this is a technical device, so lets accomodate that with a repository of technical-ness.
Can the the owner or mods do this if it is deemed a good idea?
Hell, I'd even put my hand up to shift threads around if they need an extra mod to help (I used to mod an rc cars forum)

In the sister site PhantomPilots they use the help section like you have here.

I could ask the admins about a new sub-section if you would like.
Until then, I can easily make a thread a sticky.

Reactions: dirkclod
I am a new guy and recognize that I do not carry any weight, but I think this is a good idea. I attempted to ask one of the moderators two weeks ago for a dedicated mod section because I thought it would be convenient and offer some insight on the scope of owning a solo.

Reactions: Acroduster
I am a new guy and recognize that I do not carry any weight, but I think this is a good idea. I attempted to ask one of the moderators two weeks ago for a dedicated mod section because I thought it would be convenient and offer some insight on the scope of owning a solo.
I have submitted a request to the higher ups. ;)

Ken- welcome to the forum! Your opinion is just as valuable as anybody else here.

We just ask that instead of "bashing" Solo, if you have a problem, post what the problem is so we can constructively find a solution.
If you have a solution, speak up!:)

Reactions: Acroduster
SOLO TECHNICAL:
Is it time we expanded to include the technical aspects and conversations that we have about Solo.?

At the moment GPS, wifi, batteries, motors, pods, antennas, leds, expansion boards, gimbals, gopros, settings, adjustments, mods, good ideas etc etc etc are all being lost into the Discussion section.
Discussion is fine, Help is usefull too, but lets have somewhere to park the technical stuff before the discussion section just becomes so bloated that not much is able to be found without using the search function.
After all this is a technical device, so lets accomodate that with a repository of technical-ness.
Can the the owner or mods do this if it is deemed a good idea?
Hell, I'd even put my hand up to shift threads around if they need an extra mod to help (I used to mod an rc cars forum)
Sounds good to me!

Actually not a bad idea!
Lots of folks hear about our mods and such on Facebook, etc., places we'd never really expect. They'd show up here and be absolutely lost if, say, looking for the "cardboard mod".
"Cardboard thingy? Whuzzat? Where do I get it?"
And that's the simple stuff!
I was in Best Buy today advising someone about Solo. My BB has Phantoms now too, and I had to explain why, in God's name, would they have to pay a thousand for Solo, another four hundred for a gimble, and four to five hundred for a GoPro when the Phantom 3 is $1299? Not an easy thing to explain to a Neo!
The future-proofing Solo has carries the day... plus our amazing community of folks who just plain get things done.
If we have an area where they can find answers to their most common questions quickly and easily, I'd say go for it!

Reactions: Maddog
I was thinking of making a permanent Solo Wiki site for all of this stuff. Just contain the useful info/instructions and nix all the comments. Wish they'd make more use of sticky threads here, although that would get quite large after time. I've coded some extensions for Xenforo (this forum software) in the past. It wouldn't be hard. It just uses the Zend Framework.

Reactions: RichWest and Maddog
I was thinking of making a permanent Solo Wiki site for all of this stuff. Just contain the useful info/instructions and nix all the comments. Wish they'd make more use of sticky threads here, although that would get quite large after time. I've coded some extensions for Xenforo (this forum software) in the past. It wouldn't be hard. It just uses the Zend Framework.
It is possible a wiki will come to this site. They recently added on to the Phantom Pilots site. If there is enough interest I could inquire about it.

This is a great forum but yeah it is getting unwieldy to find specific infos. My vote to please add a wiki and or mod section at least. I'll even help edit and compile the information with the mods if they want or need help.

Hi guys.
Let me first congratulate everyone on this forum for their contribution.
As far as I know it is the best place to get good information about the 3DR solo on the internet. Members are mostly kind and mature in their communication unlike many other fora.

There is unfortunately one but...
Solo discussions, the section with the most interesting information, is just one section. Just one!
Which means you have to work yourself through 85 pages of threads where maybe you are only interested in mods or software or tower or 3DR's service or the latest firmware or ...

In my opinion, this forum would really benefit of some kind of structure. It would look more professional, and more aproachable.
Now unfortunately, I have no idea how this can be done and if it's not too much to ask of the forum owner.

I notice I'm visiting the forum less and less, because there are too many threads in the top page I'm not interested in...

Nevertheless, I'll keep visiting every once in a while. Hope to buy a Solo in the near future if I can find a good reseller nearby (Belgium).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc