Can the bird fly on three motors?

Reaction score
Website
www.digitalatmosphere.com.au
Hi there,

I am trying to work out one of the very basic situations that I would imagine all of us may encounter.
  • If the solo loses a motor in flight what does it do?
  • Is there any event attached to a sensor for this via API or otherwise?
Being a smart drone, I'd say this is perhaps the most obvious questions to me now that really should be advertised if it does this well.

I am thinking not, but lets see hey?

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the 3DR Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in 3DR UAV’s.

It can be done. Here is an interesting video showing it...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Brebs
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the 3DR Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in 3DR UAV’s.

It can be done. Here is an interesting video showing it...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thank you for the welcome and information. And certainly food for thought on the various solutions we aim to build. The solo by 3dr appears not to have the supported event logic to assist with a motor burn out in flight, unless I am wrong, this is something I need to ensure I build into the logic of our solutions. I'll keep reseaching and I'lll look into the flight controller to see if that exists.

I don't believe any consumer UAV's have this capability yet, but the proof of concept is there so hopefully in the future we will see something similar on consumer models.

For Solo or any commercial quads in the current market, the quad will flip and crash when ONE motor is malfunction. The quad shown in post #2 has special FC and in a controlled (windless) environment.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado