Can Solo trigger Hero 5 black without gimbal?

haters gonna hate...
Really? Read beyond the thread title. This is not hating. It's facts and reality, which is vastly different than what the OP is describing his posts. Either the OP is being very disingenuous for likes and shares, or is simply confused. In either case, it isn't what it is being made out to be.

I'm new to the forum and new with Solo.
Is any one know how to trigger a Hero 5 black without gimbal, directly from Solo?
Try simplify mapping process by using Hero 5 with build in Geotag. I been using time elapse but could be more efficient if I can have Solo mission trigger the camera instead.
Hi there
I tried "without gimbal" few days ago but it want that successful:(
I took 6 movie clips and they were all freezed screen and only recode sound at all:(
need more test.
Have you ever try it with your drone??

Hi there
I thought nobody interested. ;)
yes, the picture I upload was without weight.
The gimbal was not stabilized until I add one, however, still have balance problem, so plz let me know how can I fix. (see my video - could fix the balance with drop the angle to 90' and switch the angle again).

I do't know, maybe it's not a mod it just cut off some part.
I got my gimbal for free so I could try something crazy and this is how I connect my hero 5.
(Please understand I totally new in this field and you may have better idea then me, so plz share here.)

anyway, heres the pictures that I did-
disassemble the gimbal
cut off top part of case so it can fit hero5
also remove output(input) jack for hero4
add weight.
that's all.

Im uploading a movie clip that result of "add weight" but oh man, its almost 4Gb and takes more then 2hours with my bad internet...

If you're going to do all that why not use a more inexpensive camera such as the Git2p or Firefly 8s ? You can buy either of these for about $120 with lenses that don't have fisheye.

If you're going to do all that why not use a more inexpensive camera such as the Git2p or Firefly 8s ? You can buy either of these for about $120 with lenses that don't have fisheye.
Good question-
First time I tryed with my Yi camera, but not a good quality. I'm doing this for job related so I need take better quality photo/video for my client.
Thank you for asking ;)

Has anyone had any luck using a Hero 5 Black on the Solo with another Gimbal? I am using a Walkera 2d with my Hero 5 on another drone (with good results except I am a crappy pilot). Am curious whether it would make sense trying the Walkera/GP5B on a Solo. I understand some camera and gimbal functionality may be lost but the GP Smart Remote works well.

You do not and will not have GoPro 5 controls via the app or controller or anything else. The camera has no connection for that. The Solo has no interface for it. And GoPro is not providing anything to do it. How you physically attach the camera to the Solo is irrelevant to this.

You do not and will not have GoPro 5 controls via the app or controller or anything else. The camera has no connection for that. The Solo has no interface for it. And GoPro is not providing anything to do it. How you physically attach the camera to the Solo is irrelevant to this.
As I thought. For me, the question is whether the flying modes and capabilities still make it worthwhile. thanks much.

One other question (apologies if it has been asked a dozen times).... If a GP 5 or 6 is mounted without a gimbal, can you get an FPV live feed through the Solo's hdmi cable?

One other question (apologies if it has been asked a dozen times).... If a GP 5 or 6 is mounted without a gimbal, can you get an FPV live feed through the Solo's hdmi cable?
Yes. Anything that puts out HDMI will work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela