Can Solo be reverted back to stock firmware

Reaction score
Hello folks,
Anyone any ideas on how to revert a failed update on stock cube back to 3dr stock. I think I had corrupt firmware as in I followed the setup guide and the drone failed to launch after finishing its update.
Getting the sad two tone.
Everything calibrated. IMU/level success
Solex able to connect to controller and drone no errors on screen.
Was getting sats X10 now no more
Was perfect till I used solex
Happened to two completely working sets of drones after running updates through solex.

Any thoughts please
Regards A

Well it would seem it can be done. I have attempted the SD method and it didn't work on one drone. But I may have missed something and am playing a rerun.
The controller seems to always take the updates vi's solex or sd card.
The drone is just playing hard ball. I will try more during the week.
If anyone has done it via sd card recently, maybe you can shed some light on it please...
Ie did it work first time or did you have issues that you where able to rsolve.
Many thanks A

IMO, I believe it would be best to find someone willing to fix it for you, and send everything to them.

Ah can't give up that easy, where's the fun in that. It's something small and ill tackle away.
Solos aren't a big toy in Ireland.
More DJI over here or self builds.
I'll have more time at the weekend.
Many thanks A

Further advice required please. I have updated the blackcube to fw arducopter v2.px4.
I have restarted the drone and got the tones but just solid green lights, I pressed the reset button underneath and this has reverted the leds back to the red/white setup
So i think it took the fw update of 3.0.0.
I have updated the controller sd card also to solo 3.0.0 and it shows this on the start up screen.
I get the following situation.
the controller says updated, press A, which i did, screen went blank then waiting for solo.
left controller alone for a few minutes and it displays waiting for solo, sat like this for another 5 plus minutes.
pressed the pair button on the drone and restarted the controller but i don't get the option to press A and B on the controller
as before.
using the solex app on an android phone i can wifi connect to the controller, at present the drone is sitting with its old light formation and controller sitting with waiting for solo. i have read and read but cannot seem to find a solution to get me passed this.
oh the controller leds inside started as normal with solid red and green and fast flashing orange, its is now solid red and green and heart beat of 2 flashes a time if that means anything....
any advice would be greatly appreciated.....
Regard's A

You have to pair them. And not after letting them pointlessly sit forever so they time out. Turn them on, and pair them.

Hi P2P, I have rebooted both tx and drone. Once booted I press the pair button on drone and nothing. Done about 15 times.
I have noticed that the black cube is solid green led as I look into the gimbal bay.
There also doesn't seem to be the flashing orange led like its heartbeat going on.
Not sure what this means. Any thoughts on this.
Regards A...

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using 3DRPilots Drone Forum mobile app

The green cube light is normal. In the screw hole on the bottom, do you see the blinking orange light from the IMX? If it's not there, the IMX is not booting properly.

Hi P2P, its a stock black cube, file loaded v2 px4. Looking in the gimbal bay as we speak i have an orange led blinking on the left side of it and then all green all the way around its edge. the pods are solid red and white.tx was loaded with 0.6.14 and drone. i have tried the pairing many times but i never get the a + b option. stuck in preflight. phone attached via wifi?

No the little screw holes in the belly near the pair button. Look at the one behind the accessory port. You should see the orange LED from the IMX blinking once per second.

No the little screw holes in the belly near the pair button. Look at the one behind the accessory port. You should see the orange LED from the IMX blinking once per second.
Yes I have looked in there and no orange light. I remember seeing it before but no more. If I was to press it after a start up and hold it, it would flash fast during reset but doesn't heart beat as before...

If that light isn't blinking, than the IMX is not working. You said you flashed the SD card? My guess is that didn't work properly.

ok will do again, flashed with solo_0.6.10 , curious as it stated in one of the guides i would get four solid blue lights after the upload. i didnt get them after a few times trying the upload. i would get solid green alright. then it would sing away and i would get the old light setup red and white. ill keep going....many thanks

ok will do again, flashed with solo_0.6.10 , curious as it stated in one of the guides i would get four solid blue lights after the upload. i didnt get them after a few times trying the upload. i would get solid green alright. then it would sing away and i would get the old light setup red and white. ill keep going....many thanks
just confirming Matt, when i open the sd card files i see 4 files inside one partition named the golden drive, it doesnt seem to generate the any other partitions, would this be correct for the fw version?

That is normal. But IDK what you're talking about with uploads and blue lights. None of that has anything at all to do with flashing SD cards. You don't upload anything and the lights don't do anything.

When i mention uploads i mean updating the fw, i had been reading a guide and at one point it mentioned after an update vis the sd cards and stock cube update i would have 4 blue pods, but not to do anything for about 20mins to let the drone complete its task.
then it stated that you power and hold the sswt and it would complete the cycle and have the correct pod colours. im wondering if i have a corrupt image. i got them from the repos in github but maybe something went wrong hence my question about the files.
i was only showing the golden files and not the additional latest partition or files and golden partition on the same card. im going to try another sd card also as im not getting the orange flashing light just a solid green when i look at the pcb.
?

Not sure what instructions you're reading but they are wrong. What software are you using to burn the SD Card image?

win32 disk imager, i have noticed something regarding the files, maybe you can advise. one file open solo 3.0.0 copter sd image 31dec 2017=7,846,912 and another 7,761,920 same title but different size maybe a new version? it just says in properties that it was downloaded and modified the other day which is when i did DL it...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo