Can I test the solo / controller link with the motherboard out of the body?

Reaction score
Is it possible? I was going to put the battery tray on top. I'm assuming the motors probably need to be hooked up as well. Has anyone done this?

Thought I had solved my problems . Two Solos previously grounded; one with continuous Calibrating sensors warning/alert, the other having problems staying connected to the controller. I took all the guts out of the bodies to inspect connections , solder joints etc. I re-seated (re-sat?) all of the SD cards including the Pixhawk. I then added the battery tray and battery, still out of the body with NO Motors attached and VOILA! both seem to be back to normal working condition! in a very short time the controller was looking for GPS satellites and everything appeared to be good to go . NO errors NO warnings NO fails.

So I put all the innards back into their bodies, went outside to the open field thinking I'm going to do level and compass calibrations and FINALLY FLY AGAIN!

Think again. They seem to be right back to where they were but with an added strange anomaly that I've never experienced before. First was magnetic interference error , then looking for solo looking for solo looking for solo.........FARQ!
So I give a little smack on the belly and bang everything is working just beautifully....... or so I thought . Here's the strange behavior previously never experienced: it appeared to be all systems GO - I had GPS lock - 10 Sats & ready to FLY. I push and hold the FLY button - IT VIBRATES BUT NO SPIN UP FROM THE PROPS- zilch nada nothing. I tried restarting everything but no luck. It's the same exact problem again - correctable - but then no motors. And yes they are hooked up.

What was vibrating the controller? If so it might mean you are getting some sort of error, did the solo make a tone when you tried to spin up the motors? If so what did it sound like? You can also connect the solo to mission planner and see if you are getting an error.....

You might want to reseat the pixhawk seems you did everything else or change it with one you know works.

What was vibrating the controller? If so it might mean you are getting some sort of error, did the solo make a tone when you tried to spin up the motors? If so what did it sound like? You can also connect the solo to mission planner and see if you are getting an error.....

The vibrating I was referring to is the normal vibration that one feels when holding down the power button to start the controller and I thought also when you hold down the first press of the FLY button to spin up the propellers for take off. Perhaps my memory fails me and that only happens on power on.

Haven't downloaded or used it yet but will try Mission Planner .

I had a similar issue and changed the wifi card and that seemed to fix it

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig