camera

Reaction score
Hi new here and dont currently own a solo but want to pick one up this week and my question is does the solo only work with go pro or does it work with other action cams . Thanks

Right now, there is only the gimbal for the gopro. The gimbal bay is open source, and other manufactures will most likely be coming out with gimbals for other cameras.

Right now, there is only the gimbal for the gopro. The gimbal bay is open source, and other manufactures will most likely be coming out with gimbals for other cameras.

Ok because i have a go pro knock off that i wanted to be able to use but i guess it wont work wont be able to tilt ect ect

Well, the tilting has nothing to do with the camera used. That's the gimbal, which is controlled by the paddle on the controller. Your camera *might* work.

Is your camera the exact same size as a gopro?

Does it have the slot/expansion port in the back of the camera for expanding the gopro? If not, it definately won't fit in the gimbal since the gimbal uses that port to control the gopro, but should fit in the standard gopro mount that comes with the Solo. Of course, you'd lose pan/tilt/stabilization that the gimbal provides, and none of the camera would be able to be controlled via the app (changing camera settings while in air, start/stop recording, etc). You'd have to start recording manually before you took off.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014W5R85S/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_awd_6JIAwbMPHF0Z1
Well, the tilting has nothing to do with the camera used. That's the gimbal, which is controlled by the paddle on the controller. Your camera *might* work.

Is your camera the exact same size as a gopro?

Does it have the slot/expansion port in the back of the camera for expanding the gopro? If not, it definately won't fit in the gimbal since the gimbal uses that port to control the gopro, but should fit in the standard gopro mount that comes with the Solo. Of course, you'd lose pan/tilt/stabilization that the gimbal provides, and none of the camera would be able to be controlled via the app (changing camera settings while in air, start/stop recording, etc). You'd have to start recording manually before you took off.

Maybe it is an old model, the GP2 not supported anyways? Hope somebody tries another cam witha that hdmi cable ( guess chinese cams behave almost the same, and are GP clones).

Maybe it is an old model, the GP2 not supported anyways? Hope somebody tries another cam witha that hdmi cable ( guess chinese cams behave almost the same, and are GP clones).
So will i be able to get live video and tilt? Except for the settings and recording options? Is that correct? If thats correct i dont mind manually starting the recording
Thanks and sorry for all this questions

So will i be able to get live video and tilt? Except for the settings and recording options? Is that correct? If thats correct i dont mind manually starting the recording
Thanks and sorry for all this questions
Hmmm. You *might* be able to get a live feed running, but you won't be able to use the gimbal at all. If the gimbal doesn't detect the camera it won't work. I'd consider picking up a GoPro. They aren't cheap but there is little point in investing in a Solo without also getting a GoPro. The Solo is designed for aerial cinematography, so a good camera is kind of required, otherwise you might want to consider a DJI Phantom. It has the camera built in. I'd also look at the Yuneec drones.

Yeah looked at dji but heard nasty stories about there costumer service. And yuneec seems just oversized for me couldn't fit that in a bag pack. Solo seems perfect in size and does autonomous flights like poi.

Yeah looked at dji but heard nasty stories about there costumer service. And yuneec seems just oversized for me couldn't fit that in a bag pack. Solo seems perfect in size and does autonomous flights like poi.
Well i think a lot of folks here can confirm the awful customer service from DJI, but if you don't want to buy a GoPro then your kind of stuck with the Phantom as your only real option.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44