Brand new Solo w/ gimbal - "gimbal not found" No gimbal response

I'll try to make sure my GoPro firmware is completely up to date.

I've been having every problem you've explained with my Solo such as Gimbal not detected, Video freezes, etc. and when it does detect, the video is only good out to about 150' from where I take off, then it freezes. Video worked great until I upgraded the 3DR Solo Services app on my Samsung Galaxy 5S phone. I'm at day 29 on my solo and I'm ready to send it back (got the RMA already). I also have the GoPro Hero 4 black, and made sure the firmware was update on it. Sometimes there's no video at all, sometimes if I boot the Solo several times, the video turns on. Other times it says the GoPro is not compatible - results are always inconsistent. Very frustrating, have had several tickets into 3DR. They direct me to a RANGE link (make sure antennas pointed in right direction). That's definitely not it because I am flying in the middle off the desert and there is not Wifi interference (can't detect other Wifi signals).

Yes, actually today I used an iPhone 6S. Same exact issue. Video is great when the Solo is sitting on the ground. But as soon as I take-off fly about 100', the video rolls and goes black, often times freezing.

Here is what it does...
This shows antennas are pointed properly, distance is very close between Solo and controller.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This video shows the Solo only going out about 150’ – 200’, lots of video interference. Usually after this, it goes black or freezes.

This video has lots of interference at about 1min to 1min 30sec.. I’m flying almost directly overhead, and no more than 150’ from “Home” at the 1min 30 sec, and about 300’ at the 1min 45 sec mark. This is a different location than the first two videos, however I had been flying at this location for two weeks without any interference prior to the 3DR Services 1.5.2 update. Usually what happens is the video just freezes from the black screen.

Similar to video #3. I’m more than 1000’ to the nearest structure that would be emitting RF noise. You will note that usually there is nothing between me and the Solo:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dachl