Brand New Solo $129 at B&H

I got in early. I ordered mine right when the sale started; saw the deal on another shopping forum, so my order processed real fast on Friday.

I received the Solo and 3DR backpack today. The "original sale package" accessories haven't shipped yet. I think my 2 packages made the last UPS truck before the Friday afternoon Sabboth shutdown at B&H.

Pictures may follow, but the Solo shipped in the brown outer box. It was retapped with clear tape, and the serial number sticker on the brown box was covered with another bar code sticker. So I thought Oh Oh, here comes a refurb or return.

The inner Solo box was retaped with the round stickers on the two tabs. After opening it, the black Solo carry container had the strap this time, unlike the missing strap from the one I received from Amazon earlier this month.

Three reactions when I opened it:
1) there was a battery charger power cable loose under motor pod 4 and
2) there was a controller charger cable on top of one of the accessory boxes and
3) the motors had the paper covers wrapped around the motor on the outside, unike my original from last year, where there was a round cover on top of the motor. There is no plactic on top of the motor pods. Oh Oh - again.

The accessory boxes were sealed well, unlike the Amazon one from earlier this month (those stickers barely held on).

The controller looked new, but had some marks on the underside.

Once I opened the two accessory boxes I remembered the post from @Perspective - UK power plugs and US power plugs. Yes indeed, I received the export version of Solo. Each accessory box contained the UK wall plug for the battery charger and the controller.

So if I ever fly in the UK, I will have not have to buy and adapter!

I just wonder what TX and RX frequency is defaulted on the controller - US or EU?

The battery is the second generation (with the Chinese writing), just like the one's Amazon was selling earlier this month.

GPS is green board - Rev A. But I'm changing it anyway.

Sorry, I haven't tested it out yet.

The last 4 digits of the serial number ends in a number lower than 3000.

Seems like new. Hope the accessory package is what was stated at my time of order.

Long live Solo!

Mine arrived Saturday, here are the photos. UK export model, Rev A GPS. Extra US power cords included loose inside black box. Black box had strap.

Attachments

• Solo-stickers.jpg
    Solo-stickers.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 40
  • solo-UK.jpg
    solo-UK.jpg
    788.1 KB · Views: 36
  • solo-motor-wrap.jpg
    solo-motor-wrap.jpg
    843.5 KB · Views: 38
  • solo-plug-1.jpg
    solo-plug-1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 36
  • solo-plug-2.jpg
    solo-plug-2.jpg
    947.7 KB · Views: 34
IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!!! I didn't even get a chance to login this morning before UPS showed up at my office with the package. Giddy doesn't begin to describe it!

Reactions: 9Franko9
Hey Guys-
Be prepared. My Solos came in and it’s not exactly what we were promised. The bundle with the Lowepro came with a Solo and the LowePro- that’s it. On hold right now with B&H. Still a great deal for $159. Maybe another box was suppose to be with this? Does give a packing list:
Solo
2 smart batteries
Lowepro Drone Guard
2 packs of propellers
1 charger battery
1 extended battery for controller
8 packages of legs- 16 total
2 packages of LED covers 8 total
1 screen hood
1 sun shade
1 mobile holder

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up- this B&H hold music is really soothing....nap time for 22 minutes

Usmc check your emai! Mine is coming in 3 separate packages. I got the tracking number for the backpack on Friday and then they sent me the other two tracking numbers on Monday.

Yup. You’re absolutely correct!! But that B&H music is really relaxing! Thanks John Dixon!!

Usmc...

Stay on hold until they answer. When they say "how can we help you today?"

Tell them you just really like their hold music and that you call in once in a while when you're having a rough day because it's soothing.

Ask if there's a way to be put on hold indefinitely. If not, what's the longest they can put you back on hold for.

Report back to us with your findings.

That’s dumb. I’m just gonna ask if they carry this music on a CD and can I have a half dozen for stocking stuffers.... You’ll find yours- Christmas morning!

Hahahahahahahaah

My notification bar only showed me "that's dumb"

Then I opened the app and saw your response.

DM me for shipping info once you've received the CDs!

I have to hide these boxes before the wife gets home!!!! The guy at B&H asked me if I had a business- then laughed when I said “ no.”
Wife won’t be laughing- pretty sure about that!!

I have to hide these boxes before the wife gets home!!!! The guy at B&H asked me if I had a business- then laughed when I said “ no.”
Wife won’t be laughing- pretty sure about that!!

USMC,
How's the quality/functionality of the LowePro Drone Guard?

THis is the list they emailed me:

Solo Quadcopter (No Gimbal)
Controller for Solo Quadcopter
Solo Flight Battery
Flight Battery Charger
Battery for Solo Transmitter
The Frame for HERO3 / HERO3+ / HERO4
Limited 1-Year Warranty
2 x Smart Battery for Solo Quadcopter
Lowepro - DroneGuard Kit
2 x Propeller Set for Solo Quadcopter (Pair, Black)
Charger for Solo Battery
2 x Extended Battery for Solo Transmitter
8 x Replacement Leg Set for Solo Quadcopter (Pair)
2 x 3DR Solo Led Covers (Set Of 4)
Screen Hood for Select Smartphones
Camera Sunshade for Solo Gimbal

This is your list USMC:
packing list:
Solo
2 smart batteries
Lowepro Drone Guard
2 packs of propellers
1 charger battery
1 extended battery for controller
8 packages of legs- 16 total
2 packages of LED covers 8 total
1 screen hood
1 sun shade
1 mobile holder

I think I received the 3dr backpack today, on chat they told me that the other items would ship tonight.

And something about cardboard cylinder is protecting the motors.

Interesting. The first one I got earlier this year had thin cardboard disks (black and white) showing the motors' spinning directions.

They were glued to the motors so I never took them out. Help picking the correct propellers for each position and also how to turn to tighten them.

I ordered my $159 bundle on Friday at 1am. Everything says it's set to arrive on the 4th of December.

I live in California.

How is everyone getting theirs already!?!?

Did you guys pay $100 for the expedited shipping?

Those discs (on top of the motors) should be removed and discarded. Use the silver indicator to match up the props.

Last edited:
I ordered my $159 bundle on Friday at 1am. Everything says it's set to arrive on the 4th of December.

I live in California.

No, it was supposed to be 2 day shipping in the east but I think they were flooded with orders. The only thing I received in 2 days was the backpack.

I live in California.

Apparently the eastern US is getting theirs already due to the close proximity of B&H. I'm in Texas and I'm told I'll get mine on Dec 4th as well. I have 2 other Solo's, I'm just anxious to see what this kit actually includes since people are reporting B&H changed the backpack at the last minute.

Apparently the eastern US is getting theirs already due to the close proximity of B&H. I'm in Texas and I'm told I'll get mine on Dec 4th as well. I have 2 other Solo's, I'm just anxious to see what this kit actually includes since people are reporting B&H changed the backpack at the last minute.
You can see what you're getting!

Then click in the order number.

Underneath the order there's a button that says "show
6a465fa33e5198ec25fc713cdc181f0f.jpg
kit items"

Once you click that it will drop down and show you what's included.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44