Best distance flight for me.

Reaction score
Took my Solo out for flight today, got alittle cocky and tried distance flight, big huge field and woods to north. I live up in Northern AZ and have lots of space to fly. I hit 2600 plus distance when I couldn't see it anymore and hit RTH, no problem, came home. Anyone have an idea how far these will fly with line of sight and using FPV? Also can I bring the flight info up on the tablet after flying and how to do that, thanks!

I always chicken out when attempting to push solo past the point of my not being able to see it's orientation. I know that once it loses RX signal it will come flying back but I always imagine it losing GPS at which point it will be left drifting with the wind and if you cannot see it you're screwed:)

There are logs you can look at that should contain distance from home stats. As far as how far you can fly that would depend on the environment, your antennas, etc.

I've been out to 4500 ft near Phoenix with the FPVLR antenna.
Battery endurance is also a factor. Make sure you have enough juice to get home.

If Solo loses GPS and WIFI it will land where it is.

If you want to review the flight you need to download the tlogs to Mission Planner and view them there. Too long to explain here but there are videos on YouTube that will show you how.

Where in AZ you at?

My max was 8000 feet away and roughly 1000 feet above take-off altitude but never more than 200 feet AGL, with ALFA antennas, flying up an uninhabited RF-silent canyon. The video feed was good the whole time. I hit the Home button when the connection finally dropped to zero bars. I never get anywhere near that far when I'm close to civilization.

not sure how many feet but had my solo out around 2600 meters before RTH with Alfa antennaes and over the ocean,,,sure glad she came back ...was scary far

Reactions: jerryn
I've been out to 4500 ft near Phoenix with the FPVLR antenna.
Battery endurance is also a factor. Make sure you have enough juice to get home.

If Solo loses GPS and WIFI it will land where it is.

If you want to review the flight you need to download the tlogs to Mission Planner and view them there. Too long to explain here but there are videos on YouTube that will show you how.

Where in AZ you at?
Up in Flag area, outside of town in country ;)

Any issues with that high altitude yet?
None that I have noticed, maybe a minute or 2 less flight time, have XK Detect 380, DJI 2+, UpAir one, and some other quads, all seem to fly ok at 7200 ft altitude. ;)

My personal best is 3.3km/10800ft but had to turn back for battery. Upgraded the wifi cards in craft and remote to 1watt

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170805-180848.png
    Screenshot_20170805-180848.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 32
Guys I have it on my YouTube page for proof. I took the Solo Over 5300Ft with no mods. No problems. Believe it or not had great connection the entire time with my FPV. I wanted to push the envelope since I've paid out the ying yang for DJI 3advance, 3Standard, Chroma Blade, Yuneec 500, and Parrot. This drone is half the cost and the most reliable hands down. Other than that Autel X Star Premium is also Solid!

Your max distance will vary depending on where you fly. Solo uses 2.4GHz, so if flying near homes or businesses you can expect them to be using WiFi and causing interference when Solo nears max range..

Took my Solo out for flight today, got alittle cocky and tried distance flight, big huge field and woods to north. I live up in Northern AZ and have lots of space to fly. I hit 2600 plus distance when I couldn't see it anymore and hit RTH, no problem, came home. Anyone have an idea how far these will fly with line of sight and using FPV? Also can I bring the flight info up on the tablet after flying and how to do that, thanks!
My best flight with the FPLRV antennas has been 10,500' at 800' high. This is with the stock wifi card. I took a picture when I finally thought of it at 9,400'

Just did a distance of 8450', 1.6 miles on stock wifi cards, no video feed and running with controller as my my buddy stood by with Solex up on his phone to monitor speed. Two witnesses. Used these antennas:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DMJI9TA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Expecting at least 2.5 miles when upgraded to the microtik wifi cards.
Dang,that is some serious range dude...I didn't realize we could use these antennas on the solo...I guess they just screw right on though just like the alphas do.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44