Best android tablet with HDMI out?

How does it load the maps?

Reason I am asking.. Currently I am using the Note4 phone which obviously has WiFi and the cell connection. I assumed that maps are loaded through the data connection since WiFi is dedicated to the Solo?

How does it load the maps?

Reason I am asking.. Currently I am using the Note4 phone which obviously has WiFi and the cell connection. I assumed that maps are loaded through the data connection since WiFi is dedicated to the Solo?
You load or 'cache' the maps with a data connection then connect to the Solo. There is a menu item in the app to help with that. Rich M had a thread on that.

makes me wonder why i dont just continue to use my phone, to keep weight low, and get the HDMI add on for the P3P, and the solo has hdmi out, which i guess may be good enough.. i dunno
Yup that's what I do use an s6 it's perfect sized and has everything any tablet that's compatible does plus. I love it it's high res and no need for sunshade, didn't hurt I found it for dirt cheap either.

I have the Nexus 7. Perfect size for me. And it has a good GPS, but no HDMI out, though I don't need that as I use the HDMI out on the controller... Cost $189 on sale with free shipping from Amazon.

I bought a sun shade but didn't like it, so I made one myself out of two thin black (color coordinated) plastic folders that cost 99 cents each (at Target) and some black gaffers tape :)

The Nexus runs Tower, Solo, WiFi Analyser, Wifi Prioritizer, etc. with no problems.

I use this for an external monitor when needed....

http://www.amazon.com/2501BP-Portab...pebp=1437674994763&perid=0REP4RB3YTZ97ZY7Z3AT

I have noticed the cheap, no name brand android tablets have HDMI output. But, I would bet they don't have a compass or GPS.
When I say cheap, I mean under $100. I wouldn't chance it.

I had the same dilemma of picking a budget Android tablet a couple weeks ago as I wasn't sure I wanted to deal with my iPad Air2 stuck on a controller. I also wanted access to Tower etc. I ended up with an Acer Iconia Tab 8 a1-840 FHD. It has a full HD screen (1920 x 1200), quad processor that jumps to 1.8Ghz on load, 16GB storage and the prerequisite HDMI out all for $160 CAD on sale at Best Buy. It's cons are lower battery life (~6.5hours) and mediocre cameras but since I'm only using it for Solo and Tower, these aren't issues. The tablet is speedy enough and benches on AnTuTu better than the Nexus 7. Make sure you check the model number as there are a few variants out there including one that is not full HD.

One question here, If I use the solo App to record live video from the gopro and into the Ipad, it will be recorded at 720p, right?

If I use an Android Tablet with HDMI, is tehre any way to record live video from gopro into the Tablet in HD?

sorry if it is a stupid question, just learning here and deciding qhat equipment to buy.

Thank You

One question here, If I use the solo App to record live video from the gopro and into the Ipad, it will be recorded at 720p, right?

If I use an Android Tablet with HDMI, is tehre any way to record live video from gopro into the Tablet in HD?

sorry if it is a stupid question, just learning here and deciding qhat equipment to buy.

Thank You

Yes, on 720 with iPad but you cant record on the Android at all. They have not released that function to the Android users period.

I do not anticipate that they will record anything higher than 720. Thats just too much bandwidth to use up. Not sure why you really want that function?

I want that function so I don't need to get the gopro off the gimbal, get the sd card out and then go to my computer or Ipad, etc. to download the video, this is just not practical and a pain in the ..........

a lot easier if I could record live video in HD or 4K directly into my Ipad.

Yes, on 720 with iPad but you cant record on the Android at all. They have not released that function to the Android users period.

I do not anticipate that they will record anything higher than 720. Thats just too much bandwidth to use up. Not sure why you really want that function?

Well 4K takes about 6 to 8 gig per flight. So eating memory fast.

Not to mention why record 4k to a device that cant display 4k?

I want that function so I don't need to get the gopro off the gimbal, get the sd card out and then go to my computer or Ipad, etc. to download the video, this is just not practical and a pain in the ..........

a lot easier if I could record live video in HD or 4K directly into my Ipad.
You will be limited to 720 from the live feed. Like Rich said, too much bandwidth to go any higher with current technology/price point. Maybe someday..

I think DJI phantom 3 with lightbridge recors 4K live feed into Ipad, am I wrong?

You will be limited to 720 from the live feed. Like Rich said, too much bandwidth to go any higher with current technology/price point. Maybe someday..

I ended up with an Acer Iconia Tab 8 a1-840 FHD.

Question: does that tablet have built-in GPS so that the follow-me feature will work?
thanks!....

That's true right? That the phone or tablet used with the controller must have built-in GPS to make the follow-me and other features work?

For those that want to record to their phone so as not to remove gopro from the frame or to pull th sd card, after landing either use gopro WiFi or plug in micro USB to download your flight video. You will have higher quality this way. If you use WiFi don't forget to shut it off before your next flight!

Recording live to your phone while flying may seem cool, but you're a getting lower quality feed. Don't be too lazy unless you don't care about quality of your video.

I dont think you will be able to use USB cable with the gimbal. I think we have a gimbal coming right?

We don't know anything about the gimbal yet.
Well if it looks like the pictures we won't have access to the SD card or USB without removing it because it clips on the right side of camera. I wish they did it from top and bottom instead !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44