Battery really sticking.

Reaction score
Finally received the drone today. Post 2 flights the battery does not easily come off.
Suggestion good pilots?

YouTube video about this, might take a look. I have had this a couple times and I just played with the tray screws a bit

Reactions: IrishmanPDX
If the battery isn't catching on the rear lip, but still snug, placing a 3/4" piece of electrical or vinyl tape on either side of the battery will give you a better grip to slide it back.

Reactions: IrishmanPDX
I have the same issue too with one of my birds, thanks for posting the solutions here! I found that pulling the battery on one side and then pulling back help loosen it, but I still didn't know what was causing the jam (would slide back 1/4 of an inch and just stick there). Now that I know, I can finally fix the darn thing! Thanks again folks, great job sharing tips!

Reactions: Maddog
It may very well be the battery tray standing tall, but my remedy was to lightly sand the rear bottom edge of the battery(s) where it contacts the battery tray/body. It doesn't need much.

To add to Jimloss and Maddog's suggestion, I've applied grip tape to all my batteries to assist in gripping the batteries. Again it doesn't require much material, but what a saver when your hands are sweaty in summer or gloved in winter.

Just an example below, but I've done circles, squares and long strips as well. Mid point application seems best.

SOLO_Battery_grip-tape.jpg

It may very well be the battery tray standing tall, but my remedy was to lightly sand the rear bottom edge of the battery(s) where it contacts the battery tray/body. It doesn't need much.

To add to Jimloss and Maddog's suggestion, I've applied grip tape to all my batteries to assist in gripping the batteries. Again it doesn't require much material, but what a saver when your hands are sweaty in summer or gloved in winter.

Just an example below, but I've done circles, squares and long strips as well. Mid point application seems best.

View attachment 6686

Great ideas guys. I've had similar issues with one of my birds. I like this set up... reminds me of the ADIDAS logo / three stripes... perhaps in use in sports mode![emoji16]

View attachment 6686
That photo is what I was referring to but couldn't remember what it was called.:D

Hey @RichWest, possible money maker here. Sell a kit with self-adhesive Velcro for the battery and a glove kinda like what football receivers wear, with the other Velcro side stitched onto the fingers.

And here I was thinking the serration off a pistol slide...
That photo is what I was referring to but couldn't remember what it was called.
Sounds like you were deprived as a child, no skate board in your life....?
Hey @RichWest, possible money maker here. Sell a kit with self-adhesive Velcro for the battery and a glove kinda like what football receivers wear, with the other Velcro side stitched onto the fingers.
LOL, let me know when you have those available for sale....

And here I was thinking the serration off a pistol slide...

Sounds like you were deprived as a child, no skate board in your life....?

LOL, let me know when you have those available for sale....
Back in the day, our skateboards were a piece of wood with 4 metal wheels underneath. No non-skid surfaces or anything like that. Maybe a coat of paint if you were lucky.:(

@RichWest - you inspired me to get a little more creative than the plain piece of black tape that I was using before. This was cut by hand using an X-Acto knife, double-sided tape, and wet/dry sandpaper. Any thoughts on how to do this quicker and neater?View media item 666

Reactions: RichWest
Someone's x-acto foo is good, nice job.

I assume "black tape", is abrasive tape.... My niece has a cricket cutter and she said they can be cut but you will go through blades. Old school dies would work, but would dull often... If you know anyone with a laser cutter that would be the best for abrasive type tape. Reverse print and cut the tape from the release side.

The grip tape I'm using is industrial for stairs and steps, so it's fairly coarse. I actually like it this coarse. I've also taped up my controller with the same tape, can't imagine the controller with out it now. Reduces the need to grip hard, less strain on the hands after several batteries of flights

It would be a great cottage product(s) for someone, if done at a reasonable margin for the cheaper crowd.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc