Battery Duration

The batteries themselves can handle a 2C charge as per 3DRs website...just not in the battery housing. You'd have to remove them and disconnect the BMS circuitry as the BMS circuitry limits the max charge input to 6A. Anything above that and the battery will power cycle.

So theres no fiddling with balance ports - I assume all of the cell balancing is taken care of within the inner circuitry of the "Smart" battery?
Yes, balancing is taken care of by the smart battery itself.

I try to land with about 20% battery remaining. My logical reason is because I have experienced how fast a battery can drain when below 20%, and my Solo was still quite a ways out. I just didn't like the rate the battery dropped while coming home. Also, if it hasn't been mentioned, the flight time drops quite a bit when flying in hot weather. We are headed into another week or more of 100 degree+ temps, so mine will be staying in the backpack for awhile.

Cross posted.

What's up guys. Having some trouble with discharging to storage levels with my balance Chargers.

I've made an adapter with an XT60 connector for my chargers. When plugging up an attempting a Storage Cycle or a Discharge cycle, i get a connection break or cell error. This is clearly due to the absence of a balance plug.

How are folks Getting around this? Particular settings?

I have a Hitec and a Hobby King knock off of the X200 by imax.

Polarity is correct.

Any insight is appreciated.

I just got a 9:05 flight off my newest battery at startup it showed 97%, I landed with 10%. This is my third battery that is down to a <10min light time. Using the same battery care and practices as I do with other LipPs used in drones and fixed wig aircraft, no other drones has never given me life deterioration at the rate these Solo even close to what Solo batteries do. I get 12-13 for the first 20 cycles or so than a quick degrading of flight time to just under 10 minuets by cycle 50 I am down to 6 to 8 minuets of flight time. I have been very disappointed with the Solo batteries. It seems that my experience is different than other peoples, but it's what I have experienced.

I have 10 batteries and 4 have over 100 charge cycles. All get over 14 minutes of flight, even the ones that are 10 months old. I land at 10% routinely.

The batteries DO need to be periodically discharged down to 5-10% to recalibrate the gauges of the BMS. When people only charge from 20% or higher and never totally drain the battery, it starts to mess up the gauges of the smart battery and it will report incorrect levels. Discharging it lets it know the actual "floor" again. Like it might think it's a 4800 mAh battery instead of 5200.

The Solo manual says (page 28), "If the battery is hot to the touch, wait for it to cool before using or charging." But it's "hot to the touch" after most flights, especially this time of year. Does recharging it right after flying harm it? Do we really have to wait for it to cool?

I think I found the answer to my own question. The instruction sheet packed in the box with each Solo battery says this:

"If the flight battery is hot to the touch (above 100°F), wait for the battery to cool completely before charging." [emphasis added]

I've never done that, but will do so henceforth.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44