Battery Dock for Solo

Reaction score
Who else thinks this would be a great idea? I now have 6 Batteries for my Solo and now need to charge them all after flying yesterday. I just ordered a second charger off 3DR's site not holding my breath for it to show any time soon. I think a 2 or even 3 battery dock would be sweet...

Reactions: bjswx and Waternut
The problem will be that the stock power supply will be inadequate when charging parallel batteries. Not enough power (watts)

Parallel Boards - Cables & Boards - ProgressiveRC

These people can do it and I have been trying to get them interested. Maybe a couple e-mails from different people can get them going. I have been using their balance boards for years on my heli batteries and they are top notch.

Reactions: Mitchell Gerdes
The problem will be that the stock power supply will be inadequate when charging parallel batteries. Not enough power (watts)

Parallel Boards - Cables & Boards - ProgressiveRC

These people can do it and I have been trying to get them interested. Maybe a couple e-mails from different people can get them going. I have been using their balance boards for years on my heli batteries and they are top notch.
I took an old 5.5a LiPo charger I had laying around and just made a plug for it. At least now I can charge 2 at a time.

I have a 7 batteries and two chargers. I ordered an extra charger the day they Went avail and it still took like 3 weeks.

I'd be interested. I recall from rc cars the thing to do was to hook up your lipo charger to a 12v power supply instead of 240v. This let you multi charge at a higher rate. Is that the way balance boards work? Or are they more just for hooking up many, knowing overnight they would all get done with no swapping (which would be fine)

1 was free. It sounds like a lot but essentially I was in holiday in Hawaii when it all came out. I flew in Australia for 3 weeks before my trip on 1 battery. So painful. Everyone was out of stock so I ordered them from everywhere. They've been dribbling in over a month in the USA, and even the two I ordered in Australia 2 months ago finally came in stock and were prepaid. I've flown 5 at one time was the max so far. 7 is a bit overkill

1 was free. It sounds like a lot but essentially I was in holiday in Hawaii when it all came out. I flew in Australia for 3 weeks before my trip on 1 battery. So painful. Everyone was out of stock so I ordered them from everywhere. They've been dribbling in over a month in the USA, and even the two I ordered in Australia 2 months ago finally came in stock and were prepaid. I've flown 5 at one time was the max so far. 7 is a bit overkill
Well you won't have to by another Battery for a while..lol

I have a 7 batteries and two chargers. I ordered an extra charger the day they Went avail and it still took like 3 weeks.

I'd be interested. I recall from rc cars the thing to do was to hook up your lipo charger to a 12v power supply instead of 240v. This let you multi charge at a higher rate. Is that the way balance boards work? Or are they more just for hooking up many, knowing overnight they would all get done with no swapping (which would be fine)
Correct. Plug in a power supply, then your Lipo charger, then the blance board and all the batteries.
55881086fca50a85b5ed25bd10959176.jpg

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mitchell Gerdes

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44