Balancing controller (any suggestions?)

Reaction score
Got the new Lanyard. It is laughably short (as other have commented). I've got others I can use, but has anyone come up with a simple solution to balance the controller when it has a tablet (iPad Mini) mounted?

There is a guy on eBay selling 3d printed lanyard mounts. I'm not sure how I feel about the clip design though. He also has FPVLR mounts with trays for boosters and the battery.

eBay

Reactions: erikgraham
There is a guy on eBay selling 3d printed lanyard mounts. I'm not sure how I feel about the clip design though. He also has FPVLR mounts with trays for boosters and the battery.

eBay
Thanks. I'll give them a try.

The linked solution looks like the best option for single point attachment, throwing the CG forward. The last picture shows the setup balanced on the lanyard. I would like at a minimum to have a velcro strap to insure the bracket doesn't accidentally release.

There are other contraptions out there, search google images with - "rc transmitter tray" and you'll find a wide variety of solutions. Nothing Solo specific at this point...imagine that.

Got the new Lanyard. It is laughably short (as other have commented). I've got others I can use, but has anyone come up with a simple solution to balance the controller when it has a tablet (iPad Mini) mounted?

Yea it's strange between lanyard length and the cartoon solo on the sweatshirt it seems they think a lot of teens are going to purchase solo. I understand it's an RC quad but find it hard to believe very many teens are lucky enough to get their hands on one. Maybe a few who's mom and dad have plenty of money to spend but even still seems that's not really who I'm seeing owning them so far. Maybe they know something we don't but just thought it seemed odds all. Its free I'll find another use for it, just not the one it's intended for is all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks