At 400' how much area does the GoPro capture?

88 acre sounds like a lot...im going to say no

but what you'll likely do is stitching multiple photos together

That's how i've seen people take a large area without breaking the 400' limit...and the final image will turn out less distorted too.

That's what I thought. I am thinking it will take about 10 images to get it all in. Based on Google Earth at 400'.

Or jump on a PC and use mission planner to do the calcs.

For a 40 acre field at 400 ft it takes me two flights and around 50-60 pictures with my trusty 3DR IRIS.

I did a zig-zag pattern over 230 acres with 2 batteries on video at 165'. The site is about a 2:1 aspect ratio and I went up and down the long way. I only made 5 passes, though, and you'll probably need tighter passes than what I used.

Reactions: Blue Sky Flyovers
According to Mission Planner, a single picture from a GoPro 4 Black will cover 645 ft x 875 ft at 400' AGL. With a 65% overlap, that is about 25 min flight time at 5 m/s.

Edit: In my experience, MP seems to overestimate flight times.

Reactions: Blue Sky Flyovers
I switched to a 5.4 lens from Peau Prod on one of my gopros and get sharper images with zero distortion. Now that is a 60 deg fov...the 3.7 lens from those guys is abt 100 deg fov and would be a suitable survey lens from 165 feet. From 400 feet I'd use the 5.4. I like to use my canon 330 under my iris for survey composites at any rate.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks