As Close to an Epic Failure Product Launch as I have ever seen. My Opinion!

GoodNUFF. Foolish Me, I figured that Colin and others making the statement of benefits was enough.

Listen to the first 4 mins of the video I posted above and see it anything in it is true to the experience of today....
George it is not the same then as it is today. We are all very well aware of that fact.
And you should be aware that no amount of public whining, gnashing of the teeth, tears, or foot stamping is going to change that.
We are as tired of the whining as we are of 3DR's broken promises.
It is frustrating, but time to focus on something more productive, don't you think?

Last edited:
Reactions: erikgraham
Nice glad to hear the issues aren't across the board and from what I hear about the install I can rest assured that some of these issues have been user related as well.

One should also research a product before investing any money into it.
That rudimentary research would allow one to know that the gimbals functionality is not complete at this point, that there will be two major updates in the near future that will bring the gimbal up to the functional level we were promised 5 months ago.
I really think you need to return all of your 3DR products and get a Blade 350QX3 or a Yuneec Q500 4K - I think your life would be filled with joy and satisfaction.
My son has one he might enjoy even more made by airhog! Just putting it out there again this is a opinion thread. If you bought something and you didn't like it you normally take it back and go get something else! Why is that too hard to figure out. Why waste the internet space on this and send it back and move on!

Reactions: erikgraham
Just less drama would be good, and you probably would get more help too.

As an example, someone posted this on the FB page:
Might want to warn folks to not update the 3+ Silvers to the latest 3.02 firmware as it does not work correctly yet. 3DR will be issueing a patch for this in the future though. If folks have upgraded their 3+ Silvers to the 3.02 firmware then they should downgrade back to version 2 for now.

I can not get it to work... please share if you have different results.

Works fine for me. I did have trouble with a message about the GoPro not being connected, or something to that effect. Meantime, I could see the live video feed. Well, if the live video feed is working, then its not the HDMI cable.... so logically it had to be the GoPro port. Shut everything down. Pushed the GoPro into the gimbal a little further to make sure GoPro port was fully seated, restarted everything and, presto.. everything worked.

So I'm careful about making sure the GoPro is firmly seated in the gimbal, and I generally power up the GoPro first. Seems to work fine with GoPro Hero 4 Black.

After reading through this thread, I have feeling @George Kenner might not be looking for the answer I gave him, or any other fix. None-the-less, if anyone else is having issues with not seeing the record button (but able to see video feed), try what I suggested (i.e. make sure GoPro fully seated).

Reactions: GoodnNuff
was it a failed product launch? maybe...youre entitled to your opinion...is it a fantastic product? heck yea it is...will the failed product launch REALLY effect the product, how it flies and its fun factor....not really.....its still a great product despite its launch......it does a lot of cool things WITHOUT the gimbal....i been having fun with tower while my phantom 3 is collecting dust and THAT HAS a gimbal.....

New to RC aircraft and not technical but flew solo with gimbal for first time last night.

Gimbal worked great: smooth, stable, tilted, did all "shots", controlled the GoPro via iOS app (stopped and started filming, sent feed and footage to iphone6+, and told me when sd card was full).

Flew without gimbal probably 20 flights in semi rural areas. The only issues I have had have been pilot error. But it usually took me a while to figure that out.

The apple android comparison is probably a good one, which is why I have had apple products. solo has me moving the other way, but I am doing that with eyes wide open.

These are aircraft and we are in beta. So I try to be careful, follow the checklist, RTFMrepeatedly, and visit this forum a lot. My main issue is the dumb grin I have on my face when I am flying.
Thank you very much for the feed back... it is greatly appreciated. I have camera feed but I can not get the video to start. I get a "Manuel Control Error" call 3DR Tech Support, message. I have explained that to them but thus far I am getting no where. Knowing there is some possibility of it working is of course encouraging... many thanks. I am on Apple Products also, and with all other apps closed down.

Thank you very much for the feed back... it is greatly appreciated. I have camera feed but I can not get the video to start. I get a "Manuel Control Error" call 3DR Tech Support, message. I have explained that to them but thus far I am getting no where. Knowing there is some possibility of it working is of course encouraging... many thanks. I am on Apple Products also, and with all other apps closed down.

I had the same error initially but I did a stick calibration and it fixed everything. My gimbal is level faces front and I can start and stop recording through the app. Running on Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M