Anyone try "Conformal Liquid Coating" to waterproof the electronics for an emergency skinny dip?

So I just ordered some for the fuse block on my boat and thought Hmmmm, I wonder?
Any thoughts?

Go on then I'll let you try it.

After you have dropped it in the bath (full of water of course) let me know if it works lol

On a serious note. Mate if it works, go for it.

I use it on printed circuit boards. It is not very durable, as in it won't withstand an impact with a tool, etc.

Whatever you apply it to needs to be "beyond clean"- like a medical instrument coming out of an autoclave, or it will crack and peel off within a few days.

Seriously, whatever you apply it to needs to be as clean as it was when it was new.

These guys did a great job waterproofing RC electronics. Should work great on Solo if desired.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I use it on printed circuit boards. It is not very durable, as in it won't withstand an impact with a tool, etc.

Whatever you apply it to needs to be "beyond clean"- like a medical instrument coming out of an autoclave, or it will crack and peel off within a few days.

Seriously, whatever you apply it to needs to be as clean as it was when it was new.
Copy that thanks....

These guys did a great job waterproofing RC electronics. Should work great on Solo if desired.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Yeah that's great thanks....
I just fly near and over water often so any protection is good.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig