Anyone have experience with non-3dr propellor replacements?

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I was wondering if anyone had any experience purchasing and using propellers not made by 3dr. I found a company called APC Propellers that sells 3dr props and was wondering if you guys had ever heard of them. I was hoping for an alternative to the 15 dollar replacements 3dr offers.

Thanks!

APC Props: APC Propellers

Yup! Do a search, there's a couple threads about them. Some of us prefer them to stock props.

Reactions: RoundishCrab4
Yup! Do a search, there's a couple threads about them. Some of us prefer them to stock props.
They look great! Do you know if you have to weigh them and stabilize them? I never did that with my stock props...

Hi everyone!
I was wondering if anyone had any experience purchasing and using propellers not made by 3dr. I found a company called APC Propellers that sells 3dr props and was wondering if you guys had ever heard of them. I was hoping for an alternative to the 15 dollar replacements 3dr offers.

Thanks!

APC Props: APC Propellers

Hey ive gone through multiple 3dr props compared to 2 sets of apc props.
They r just a hair heavier but i think they are more reponsive.. Also they handle crashes much better..
And the price just makes it even better..
When someone going to come out with some batteries at half price?

If you look at Rolands excellent work you will see that the stock props from a performance perspective are quite good
changing to a different prop is only going to marginally change sound and performance
I tried the APCs
they are ok, but I do not prefer them over stock.
Or stock over them
they seem from a performance stand point to be about the same

As long as were on the subject of props, has anyone tried a 3 blade prop? I was thinking about using these with the hope that it might increase the flight time. Any opinions?

Marvin

If you look at Rolands excellent work you will see that the stock props from a performance perspective are quite good
changing to a different prop is only going to marginally change sound and performance
I tried the APCs
they are ok, but I do not prefer them over stock.
Or stock over them
they seem from a performance stand point to be about the same
Gotcha, do you know anything about interchanging maybe one or two of the props with the APC props and the rest with the stock props? Would that be an issue?

I would not mix and match
either fly all four stock or all four APC

it may work, I just personally would not do it.

I would not mix and match
either fly all four stock or all four APC

it may work, I just personally would not do it.
That's what I was thinking...The FAQ says to balance the props but is there a real reason for this? Are they actually unbalanced when coming out of the factory?

As long as were on the subject of props, has anyone tried a 3 blade prop? I was thinking about using these with the hope that it might increase the flight time. Any opinions?

Marvin
I've yet to know of anyone using a 3 blade prop and liking the results on this size of bird. If it were of benefit, everyone would be flying them....

As to APC props, I'm liking mine just fine. Out of the package balance is very good. The overall sound/noise is less or just different in pitch. They do fly harder than the stock props, but can be dealt with with better stick control.

Disclaimer: I've upgraded to T-Motors and use the APC per Roland's recommendation...always subject to change.

That's what I was thinking...The FAQ says to balance the props but is there a real reason for this? Are they actually unbalanced when coming out of the factory?
The chances are very high that the answer is 'yes.' Both with the factory 3DR props and the APC props I fly on my other quad, I've never seen a perfectly-balanced prop. Close, but there's always something a little 'off' that can lead to increased vibration.

wow really, my 3dr props were all over the place. what were you using to balance
I use the Du-Bro balancer with a threaded adapter for 3DR props. Most of my 3DR props were pretty good, though I've actually had a few with surprisingly bad hub balance. Compared to some other brands of props, the 3DR have been relatively close to balanced.

Reactions: pyrate
I have a set of Carbon Composite blades from DJI that I had to modify slightly the hub to fit tightly down on solo motors and get more than a thread or two on, more balanced, stiffer and way more responsive!
Cons... they are more brittle and sharper wouldn't want to nik a finger with the motors going.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo