Another camera for Solo...

That is pretty awesome. Even with that balance system, I'm sure it will wear out the gimbal more quickly than a normal GoPro (lighter weight). Having said that, I'd still like to give it a try with a Sony RX100.

Assume you will take a hit in flight time and performance. You will also have to start rolling video on the camera before take off (like the old days!). Photos are gonna be tough unless you also add a servo for the shutter. Looks worth it though.

If anyone wants to try this but you don't have a 3D printer, there are services you can use that will print this up for you. Just google 3D print service.

Reactions: PdxSteve
If anyone wants to try this but you don't have a 3D printer, there are services you can use that will print this up for you. Just google 3D print service.
Yes, this one is a pretty good service: 3D Hubs: Browse online 3D printing services

They're basically a network of thousands of individuals and companies willing to print things.

You just upload your 3d object (STL or OJB), select what kind of filament you want it printed in and you can get instant quotes from people who will print it who live close to you, or will ship it if you want. I have a printer but I still use this service occasionally for printing carbon fiber parts as I don't want to ruin my nozzles.

I would have to see some video first
the solo gimbal is not a powerhouse

Love the creativity though

Nice to know!

Finally, someone adds anything really fresh to this boring GoPro monotony.

Have you used video with it?

What's the gimbal? And payload?

Any issues?

Thanks

Hello Shooter,

I haven't tried the video. The gimbal is not done for it : mecanique tilt ; so with an "extreme" delay.
I look forward to see something like the 3DR gimbal'sony without the "Site Scan" subscription.

It is shape for photography. A 20mpx sensor in RAW.
To test it, I've print a 150x100cm with a good quality.

Instead of the 16mm stock lens from Escadrone, I've put the 20mm. Less wide.

Then I have to deal with the return video wich is crop up and down on the 3DR app. I ask escadrone about that but they don't have any answer yet. Maybe by using the VLC app in streaming, they say.

In conclusion, not the best but really better than a Gopro 12mp JPG...

Good day,
PL

Reactions: shooter
Hello Shooter,

I haven't tried the video. The gimbal is not done for it : mecanique tilt ; so with an "extreme" delay.
I look forward to see something like the 3DR gimbal'sony without the "Site Scan" subscription.

It is shape for photography. A 20mpx sensor in RAW.
To test it, I've print a 150x100cm with a good quality.

Instead of the 16mm stock lens from Escadrone, I've put the 20mm. Less wide.

Then I have to deal with the return video wich is crop up and down on the 3DR app. I ask escadrone about that but they don't have any answer yet. Maybe by using the VLC app in streaming, they say.

In conclusion, not the best but really better than a Gopro 12mp JPG...

Good day,
PL
Indeed. How much is the total for payload and drone weight, do you know?

answers above. (weight and lens)
no extra weight, stable but without too much wind. As II said, the reactivity of the gimbal is not as good as the stock for the gopro...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44