Android recommendation please

Reaction score
Website
edbeckphotography.com
i'm using my iPhone now but I have a need for Tower. Specifically I've got a client who wants me to get an aerial view of his 28 acres. I figure I need Tower to plan it out and fly it. i'll need multiple images to stitch together.

I'm on my way to Best Buy right now. Can someone give me some recommendations on Android devices? Besides specific devices what specs should I look for? Do I need to have a cell line or can I cache maps and use the tablet's GPS to load maps in the field.

Thanks.

Thanks, my options were limited. I got the Galaxy Tab E w/ 9.6" screen. It comes with 16GB and I added another 128GB. Installing everything now.
Why the 128gb? 16 should be fine. Images are on the camera.

Why the 128gb? 16 should be fine. Images are on the camera.

Jubalr,

I've got a 128 in mine too. I screen record every one of my flights for all of my birds. With the 128 in there I don't have to worry about offloading them very often.

Jerry

You will have to modify the controller to hold a 10" tab.
One way to do this is to drill two extra holes in the mount and remove and reattach to spring to the new holes.

i'm using my iPhone now but I have a need for Tower. Specifically I've got a client who wants me to get an aerial view of his 28 acres. I figure I need Tower to plan it out and fly it. i'll need multiple images to stitch together.

I'm on my way to Best Buy right now. Can someone give me some recommendations on Android devices? Besides specific devices what specs should I look for? Do I need to have a cell line or can I cache maps and use the tablet's GPS to load maps in the field.

Thanks.
So you waited until you were on your way to the store to ask for recommendations. Did you get any before you got to the store?:D

Just curious..
So you kinda had to be there. I've been looking into photogrammetry the last couple of weeks and I knew that I could use an Android loaded with Tower to build missions. I had figured out what I wanted to do but hadn't yet gotten to the point of putting the hardware together. Then I got a phone call from a guy who wants me to do this for him. All of a sudden I move from planning to purchasing before I had a chance to analyze what I needed. I had other jobs to do later in the day so I had to go get the tablet.

Instead of running into a purchase decision completely blind I figured I'd throw a question out to the group. If I got info back before I had to pull the trigger then great. If not then c'est la vie.

I appreciate the people on this board and like the support they give each other.

Reactions: MCSPDX
Jubalr,

I've got a 128 in mine too. I screen record every one of my flights for all of my birds. With the 128 in there I don't have to worry about offloading them very often.

Jerry
Does the sd card need to be the same as gopro standards? Meaning if I get a SanDisk for example do I need to get the extreme or will the ultra work fine?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Does the sd card need to be the same as gopro standards? Meaning if I get a SanDisk for example do I need to get the extreme or will the ultra work fine?

Six,

I can't really answer your question but I'm using the Ultra in mine and it works fine.

Jerry

Jubalr,

Jerry
How do you screen record? Can I transfer stills to my Android also?

So just had my first test survey today. Tower is awesome. I really like the amount of control. I can't swear to it, but I think I got a faster Wi-Fi connection than with my iPhone to.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado