Altitude Default

Reaction score
My Max altitude defaults back to 190' every time I power up the unit. Once I set it to 400', is there a way top get it to default there?

Go to the play store, you'll see there is an update for the 3DR solo app to version 2.4. That problem may or may not go away. Mine does that sometimes too. One of numerous things wrong with the Android app for a long time.

Reactions: Spokane Rick
My Max altitude defaults back to 190' every time I power up the unit. Once I set it to 400', is there a way top get it to default there?
Mine default keep going back to 190' too. All the update are up to dates. I am running on Samsung tab S2 . You ever figure this out?

Mine default keep going back to 190' too. All the update are up to dates. I am running on Samsung tab S2 . You ever figure this out?
I have a Tab S2 and a Galaxy S5 phone and they both work the same so I don't think it's a device issue.

In the Solo App, change your Max Altitude to whatever you like, then back out of the Solo App completely and wait until it disconnects from controller, then restart the Solo App and the altitude you entered before will show up in the App, including No Limit, if that's what you chose.

The App appears to be passing the Max Alt limit to the Solo, but not updating the menu. Then when you reconnect, Solo passes back the altitude you set earlier.

I actually never noticed this until it was mentioned because I fly in Florida where an ant hill is high altitude and 190' is in another universe.

ETA: Further... when I quit the Solo app and started Solex, that app showed the altitude I had just set with the Solo app. Powering off everything in the system did not lose the max altitude setting.

Last edited:
I have a Tab S2 and a Galaxy S5 phone and they both work the same so I don't think it's a device issue.

In the Solo App, change your Max Altitude to whatever you like, then back out of the Solo App completely and wait until it disconnects from controller, then restart the Solo App and the altitude you entered before will show up in the App, including No Limit, if that's what you chose.

The App appears to be passing the Max Alt limit to the Solo, but not updating the menu. Then when you reconnect, Solo passes back the altitude you set earlier.

I actually never noticed this until it was mentioned because I fly in Florida where an ant hill is high altitude and 190' is in another universe.

ETA: Further... when I quit the Solo app and started Solex, that app showed the altitude I had just set with the Solo app. Powering off everything in the system did not lose the max altitude setting.

Hey Thanks! I got my Tab S2 Altitude to set. But my Samsung note 3 will not save the altitude setting. I set it at 400 ft and would set. Every time I go out of the Apps and get back in. It would Revert back to 195ft. Only on my Samsung Note 3 running Lollipop. Tab S2 is running Marshmallow. I wonder the operating system has something to do with it? I prefer Note 3 when I do follow me mode. Its a lot smaller to handle then a 8 in Tablet.

Reactions: mjflem
Hey Thanks! I got my Tab S2 Altitude to set. But my Samsung note 3 will not save the altitude setting. I set it at 400 ft and would set. Every time I go out of the Apps and get back in. It would Revert back to 195ft. Only on my Samsung Note 3 running Lollipop. Tab S2 is running Marshmallow. I wonder the operating system has something to do with it? I prefer Note 3 when I do follow me mode. Its a lot smaller to handle then a 8 in Tablet.
Can't say... I do have Marshmallow 6.0.1 on both my devices..

I used to experience this issue with the older 2.3 firmware and app. However, I can't say whether the problem was the app not retrieving the altitude from the solo, or the solo not retaining the setting. To be honest, I think it might be the former. With the 2.4.1-6 firmware and the 2.4 application, when you first go into the settings, you see an incorrect altitude, which changes after a second or two to the correct altitude it retrieves from the solo.

Reactions: SARDG
A
I used to experience this issue with the older 2.3 firmware and app. However, I can't say whether the problem was the app not retrieving the altitude from the solo, or the solo not retaining the setting. To be honest, I think it might be the former. With the 2.4.1-6 firmware and the 2.4 application, when you first go into the settings, you see an incorrect altitude, which changes after a second or two to the correct altitude it retrieves from the solo.
Agree with all that, and yes... it appears to be the former.

Can't say... I do have Marshmallow 6.0.1 on both my devices..
I finally got my Samsung Note 3 to set the altitude. I update from Lollipop to Marshmallow and it stay at a setting now.
Thanks for all the help.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44