After Christmas Sale Best Buy

Rumor has it that the existing Solo suppy is down to the last container. I don't know the size of the container. That rumor is from Gary Mortimer and sUAS news.

Regards,
David R. Boulanger

So far I have received a gimble via FedEx, next day got a battery via UPS, not sure where the rest is supposed to coming from. Ordered a second "kit" and got a notice that it is shipping from Anchorage Alaska !!!!! Fingers crossed!

Yea same here and I was being a lil hesitated about it. But I'm glad I made an awesome purchase as well![emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thing is I was in the store a couple of days before, and the in store price was $399. I was torn between it, and the Parrot Bepop. I came home and was looking at the Best Buy site for something else, and saw the price drop.

Thanks Tom for the price update. I bought 3 battery's from bestbuy and just called, they are refunding me $56. Sure glad I grabbed 2 of the backpack sets while at the $299.99 price.

Solo bundle went up $200 to $499. I guess if it goes back to 299 I'll consider it about the best price and buy a third.

Yeah, when I saw that $299 price for the whole kit last week I was torn with indecision. That didn't last long, so I forked over the money and have my second Solo package. Now I have two full kits registered with FAA as commercial. You know they're clearing stock when you consider that it cost $750 to make and ship the solo. So, knowing these parts will not be around much more, do I buy backups for my backups?!? I'm sad to see 3DR going this way. All my builds have been APM or Pixhawk.

They will still keep parts in stock since they are selling the Site Scan package. They wouldn't sell a 12k dollar package with no support or parts.

Thanks Tom for the price update. I bought 3 battery's from bestbuy and just called, they are refunding me $56. Sure glad I grabbed 2 of the backpack sets while at the $299.99 price.

Did u see the price on solo went back up to $499

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: FVidrine
Did u see the price on solo went back up to $499

Yes I saw the huge price increase.
It is difficult to understand the pricing but you can bet between the behavioral scientists and computers that price increase is used to stimulate sales.
It incites a mild form of panic in the brain of the poor humanoid. LoL

Amazon does the same thing. Put an item in your cart and 50% of the time the price goes up the next morning.

I think the real bottom line is Best buy wants these things gone.
I see the return of $299 or lower..

I seem to recall the price going up after the initial $500 deal, and then again when it went to $400. I think they're just doing these sales about a week at a time to bleed off stock, and if someone buys between the sales, they're happy to take the higher price for them.

As tempting as the $300 sale was, I just couldn't justify a 4th Solo, but I did just pick up two more batteries and a spare gimbal. I wish motor pods were more widely available (at these kind of sale prices), but it seems 3DR either didn't make many, or is holding onto their stock for Site Scan support. Oh well, I think 3 Solos, 4 gimbals and 10 batteries will do me for the foreseeable future!

Reactions: Deanmichael
I seem to recall the price going up after the initial $500 deal, and then again when it went to $400. I think they're just doing these sales about a week at a time to bleed off stock, and if someone buys between the sales, they're happy to take the higher price for them.
Agreed. Looks like some other retailers are lowering their price too now, Frys at $349 & BHphoto at $339 ($400 w/ gimbal).

Also noticed Fry's is discounting some IRIS stuff, but the Solo stuff is higher than BB's prices except when they bounce back up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso