50% of the SOLO Motherboard appears non-used.

Reaction score
Website
www.digitalatmosphere.com.au
Hey there,

This I guess could be an off topic, but every time I open up the solo I look at the back of the board and see how under utilised this was and from what I can see it is not part of the support of the chassis per say.

I see a few holes drilled in it and power distribution, but it doesn't dissipate heat really and it does look like some potential WIFI or GPS antenna was provisioned... but looks like it was deprecated perhaps to get it out the door.
View media item 418
Anyway ideas? I really get sleepless nights on this one.. :)

I remember reading that a portion of the board could be removed to reduce weight without any effect to the board electrically. Obviously not a width cut, but an angled portion. This was in response to reducing Solo's over all weight. Got nothing to do with heat dissipation, related to why the length.

Why the length, reliable assembly for $10 a day technicians, test fixture was already made or bigger is always better....;)

Beyond that I have no clue. Here's to less sleepless nights....

Thanks I slept well hahaha. It seems like they tried turn it into as RasberryPi half way from the HDMI and WIFI cards. As it looked like they may had previously wanted that all on the Mainboard. If they made it a little smaller it would of been handy. Anyway thanks for the detail

Reactions: RichWest

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44