3DR Solo with Sony R10C gimbal question

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Just bought 3dr solo without camera, and separately bought Sony R10C with gimbal. The question is, can this camera and gimbal be used with Side Pilot or Solex? Or it's exclusive for Site Scan? Because the QGround Control doesn't see it as a gimal, same with Mission Planner.

Reaction score
I've also been having this issue.
Hey everyone. Just bought 3dr solo without camera, and separately bought Sony R10C with gimbal. The question is, can this camera and gimbal be used with Side Pilot or Solex? Or it's exclusive for Site Scan? Because the QGround Control doesn't see it as a gimal, same with Mission Planner.

Reaction score
At present it seems limited to Site Scan birds, but I and others have them on the way for...ahem...study.

Based on the number of Open Source licenses in the UMC-R10C technical manual, I'm betting that it is a matter of finding the right bits to twiddle.

I certainly welcome anyone else who wants to contribute to the effort. This is quite a nice camera system for airborne use.

Reaction score
Oooh- 3dr solo works with site scan? With Sony RC10? (...with Solex installed?). I guess I was under impression site scan only worked with the new big 3DR drones. But I'm not sure where I got that idea...

Sorry I may not be much help with coding, but if it's a matter of spending time reading through manual for some parameters/settings (that someone tells me to look for), I could do that!!!

Reaction score
There is nothing worthwhile I've seen in the manuals, unfortunately.

The ORIGINAL Site Scan birds were 3DR Solos. Then came the Yuneec H520 [a nice bird but damned expensive]

Reaction score
I've just received my Site Scan gimbal and it looks like it's a simple USB connection back to the i.MX6. I'll be investigating in the coming weeks and months

Reactions: yarrr and Wetstone
Reaction score
I also just received a SiteScan gimbal from eBay.

Potentially silly question: can anyone confirm that there was a video downlink in SiteScan?

Reaction score
There is.

The R10C doesn't actually compose a video stream. My understanding from the manual and some supplemental reading from Sony is that it allows a high-refresh rate preview image to be transferred.

Reaction score
So that is directly through the imx6 (not HDMI), and therefore enabled by some sort of Sitescan specific coding on the bird?

Reaction score
There is no HDMI connection on the R10C. There is a USB connection [possibly with a sony multi-connect hiding inside it] so yes, it comes thru the i.MX6

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ardudevguy