officially from 3DR
Android will get 2.4 with smart shots
but not augmented reality or geofense

for about the 100th time
officially from 3DR
Android will get 2.4 with smart shots
but not augmented reality or geofense
Hi Pyrate,

Chris A has posted today that geo fence will be released for android. No due date yet for 2.4 for android and no AR mentioned yet. They have taken a lot of heat over the android issue.

Chris

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Can you provide that link mine was a direct post from Vu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Chris that is great news.
No probs, it certainly looks like 3DR are listening and taking action which is nice. I had hoped this is what would happen. No idea if further pressure will get us AR, would be nice but not holding my breath for that. With some luck they'll get a good android dev on board and they'll be back to the old pathway.

Reactions: pyrate
Does any one can confirm that the parameter "WP_Yaw_Behavior" did'nt work with 2.4 update anymore ? I like the funktion "Face next waypoint " when starting RTH.

that was also true but now that has also changed..check your link
Yes my statements still true, i said on either this thread or the other one i was not sure if it was going to be in 2.4 app. Just means we wait a bit longer. They still intend to add it to android from that text.

What makes me happy is that they have a roadmap and it includes Android. Am i disappointed they wont have it in 2.4, you bet but i know it is still on the cards.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
We don't know anything beyond 2.4.

Edit: oh, and there will be "More software features, especially on the enterprise/cloud side"

Well bad news fans, seems my original information was correct and the geofence for android 2.4 has been corrected on DIY forums

Using the new geofencing feature with the 3DR Solo – DIY Drones

Here's a primer on custom geofencing with Solo, which has never been easier. It has just been released in the new 3DR Solo app for iOS and will be coming to Android soon: (Correction: all the other features in the latest Solo iOS app, such as rewind, are coming to Android in the next month or so, but we do not have an Android ETA for geofencing yet. Sorry for the confusion on that -- I read the internal roadmap too fast and missed that)

I have an old iphone 4 I could use as a dedicated Solo device. Is that too old an IOS device?

so basically, the CEO wasnt really aware that android has acquired second class citizen status within his company...meanwhile, we're just sitting here like chumps...got it...thanks..alot @Vu.3DR

and for those that dont want to read the blog, within Chriss comments, he also offered this:
Comment by Chris Anderson 6 hours ago

John: Now that that FAA commercial regs are in place and the cloud side of our stack is out and performing well, we're accelerating our move to 100% enterprise. The plummeting price points and competition on the consumer side makes that market uneconomic for anything other than the biggest consumer electronics companies (and maybe even for them) so you won't see additional *consumer* vehicles from us directly. But from our partners, who knows? ;-)

Does any one can confirm that the parameter "WP_Yaw_Behavior" did'nt work with 2.4 update anymore ? I like the funktion "Face next waypoint " when starting RTH.

I can confirm that the 2.4 update did that to mine to. The update didn't change the parameters but yes mine does not face next waypoint.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig