3DR Solo Version 2.4.0

• Geofence - Set a virtual fence of any shape and size and that Solo cannot fly out of
• Rewind - Trace back along the path you just flew for a safe return trip around and over obstacles
• Return to me - Have Solo fly back to you and hover in the case of signal lost
• Zipline - Lock Solo on a virtual path with one tap, then Solo will cruise along the path and you are free to move the camera however you'd like
• Pano - Solo will automatically pan and capture photos for seamless cylindrical, spherical (little world), and a video panos
• AR home and orbit point - Visually see in the video stream where your home point is and preview your Orbit focus point before locking onto the point

iOS.... Apple iPhone and iPad operating systems. The software has only been released for iOS. It has not been released for Android yet.

I installed Solo 2.4 on my Galaxy last night about 10pm CST.
I'm about to test it.
I have a question, I have another mobile "Nexus 6" that I would like to update to 2.4, But afraid that it's going to reinstall to Controller & Solo again? shouldn't app see that Contoller & Solo already updated, then just update the App?

I installed Solo 2.4 on my Galaxy last night about 10pm CST.
I'm about to test it.
I have a question, I have another mobile "Nexus 6" that I would like to update to 2.4, But afraid that it's going to reinstall to Controller & Solo again? shouldn't app see that Contoller & Solo already updated, then just update the App?

You didn't actually install anything on your Galaxy. You downloaded the firmware update and installed it onto the Solo and Controller. Nothing was installed on the phone/tablet yet. That would be an app update from the Google Play Store, which has not been released yet. So your Solo app is still the old version, and will not have access to the new features until the android app update is ready.

But to your question, yes the Solo app on all your devices will recognize the firmware version on the solo and controller. You will not be promoted for the update again from other devices.

Reactions: SteveReno
Your Nexus should see that solo already has 2.4 firmware when connected to solonet and not update. There is no 2.4 version of the app out yet for android - only the firmware.

Reactions: SteveReno
Well, your right on both points.
So what does it mean that Solo App is not at 2.4? I was about to go & try some of the new features? unless not available via app on 2.3.01? "EDIT" Just finished reading your post, Thanks for all the info.!

Last edited:
So whats the consensus on this? Are they going to release these features for Android?

I read no geofence or AR?

Tested out Zipline today and I love it. The shots I was taking would have taken me a lot more time to setup using autopilot or litchi on my phantom. IMHO the Solo App has the most intuitive user interface out there. Very happy with this update. Also, the satellite lock seems to be a lot faster?

Reactions: fpvsteve
Sounds really good. @RotoFan do you mean that the new firmware evolves the satellite capabilities ? More accurate ?

Tested out Zipline today and I love it. The shots I was taking would have taken me a lot more time to setup using autopilot or litchi on my phantom. IMHO the Solo App has the most intuitive user interface out there. Very happy with this update. Also, the satellite lock seems to be a lot faster?
Agreed - I now regularly get satellite lock under in under a minute.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44