3DR Solo Picture Issue

Reaction score
Is there supposed to be a cable that connects the controller to the mobile device? I don't have a picture when I connect to the copter/GoPro hero 4 Silver WiFi.

Is there supposed to be a cable that connects the controller to the mobile device? I don't have a picture when I connect to the copter/GoPro hero 4 Silver WiFi.

Do you have the GoPro's wifi turned on? If so, turn it off. The GoPro sends its picture via cable to the Solo, which sends it to the controller via wifi, which sends it to the mobile device via wifi.

Reactions: Maddog
Do you have the GoPro's wifi turned on? If so, turn it off. The GoPro sends its picture via cable to the Solo, which sends it to the controller via wifi, which sends it to the mobile device via wifi.
And the mobile device sends it to you via "EYE-fi" !

Sometimes I crack myself up..:confused:

Last edited:
Hi Buzz- is the GoPro turning on when Solo powers up?
Can you move the gimbal up/down with the controller?
Green flashing light on back of gimbal?
Are you using an Android or iOS device?

Hi Buzz- is the GoPro turning on when Solo powers up?
Can you move the gimbal up/down with the controller?
Green flashing light on back of gimbal?
Are you using an Android or iOS device?
I can move the gimbal and I can see flashing lights, my operating system is android. I just purchased a HDMI cable from relish 3d. I understand that the cable has fixed these issues with other pilots?

I heard about that, it is turned off

I can move the gimbal and I can see flashing lights, my operating system is android. I just purchased a HDMI cable from relish 3d. I understand that the cable has fixed these issues with other pilots?
Sometimes- if the cable is the problem. Have you checked to make sure the HDMI cable didn't work loose from the main board?
image.jpeg

I solved the issue by replacing the HDMI cable with one from relish 3d, and replacing the go pro camera clip with one from the same company. Now, all is good. Thanks!

I want to inform everyone that on my first flight with the new cable installed. The copter took off instead hovering. It did return on it's own , so be sure that you test it in an open area initially!

man if your copter took off because of a new cable you better ground that thing
you most likely broke something putting in the cable
there is absolutely no connection between an HDMI cable and flight controller, escs and motors

The problem with the video started right out of the box. When I replaced the cable. I noticed that the old one was secure to the motherboard. I now have excellent video.

man if your copter took off because of a new cable you better ground that thing
you most likely broke something putting in the cable
there is absolutely no connection between an HDMI cable and flight controller, escs and motors

While replacing the HDMI cable. I had to disconnect the GPS and Data cables. All is good now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc