3dr solo just fell from sky to Ocean

I measure a good company by how they stand by there product. It took them almost three weeks just to review my LOGS after it crashed! That's unacceptable and frankly embarrassing.

I know I'm in a cheer leading fan club here but if it were you dealing with my issues you'd be crying also. Perspective my friend they had an opportunity to make it right. They didn't,thankfully Amazon stepped up and made things right. I'm still out the Gimbal,GoPro 4,and most importantly the address card with 128 GB of memories that to me were priceless.
I ordered a backpack,solex app' and an extender antenna recommended by this forum. I never even opened the BOX!

I measure a good company by how they stand by there product. It took them almost three weeks just to review my LOGS after it crashed! That's unacceptable and frankly embarrassing.

I know I'm in a cheer leading fan club here but if it were you dealing with my issues you'd be crying also. Perspective my friend they had an opportunity to make it right. They didn't,thankfully Amazon stepped up and made things right. I'm still out the Gimbal,GoPro 4,and most importantly the address card with 128 GB of memories that to me were priceless.
I ordered a backpack,solex app' and an extender antenna recommended by this forum. I never even opened the BOX!

You do realize that they are removing themselves from the consumer drone space right? Why would they continue to dedicate time and money to providing top notch perfectly quick customer service when they aren't even making money in the consumer drone space anymore? The fact that they still have any support available at all is surprising in my opinion. They aren't going to keep offering support forever for the Solo, soon the only support will come from forums like this and the people that want to keep this platform going.

Instead of complaining about how long 3DR took with the response to your logs, you could have posted your logs to this "cheerleading fan club" who would have been more than happy to help you in less time than it took 3DR.

While I do agree that the drone should not have just fallen out of midair without warning, that is a risk you take when you fly over water. No technology is perfect, and often the more complex the technology is, the more chances there are for failure. If you would have been flying over land, good chances are the gopro and memory card would have been fine.

Reactions: andrew.baker.142
See 3DR response.

Ok...? So they asked for more information to troubleshoot... Did you provide them that information?

You have still failed to acknowledge the fact that people on this forum asked to view the logs so they could help determine what went wrong and you still have yet to post the logs.

Everything needs to be put in context Mike which was very helpful was the second or even third person that was handling my case. If it wasn't for my constant emailing I'm sure they would have not responded back. I hate to say this but they have the characteristics of a company that is failing and probably soon to go bankrupt.

I sent them an email asking what was going to happen with my Gimbal and my GoPro and they basically said go eat cake. I am putting this here publicly because I want someone that's in my similar situation in the future to see how I was treated and they can figure out what's the best recourse for them.

Everything needs to be put in context Mike which was very helpful was the second or even third person that was handling my case. If it wasn't for my constant emailing I'm sure they would have not responded back. I hate to say this but they have the characteristics of a company that is failing and probably soon to go bankrupt.

I sent them an email asking what was going to happen with my Gimbal and my GoPro and they basically said go eat cake. I am putting this here publicly because I want someone that's in my similar situation in the future to see how I was treated and they can figure out what's the best recourse for them.

Why have you not posted the logs in the forum? You are fine with posting the shortcomings of 3DR's customer service to help other people out with similar situations, why not post your flight logs so we can learn from that as well?

And in regards to you stating you think they will soon go bankrupt... They just raised $53 million for their commercial drone space so I dont think they will be going bankrupt anytime soon

3DR Raises $53 Million Series D Round | 3DR Site Scan - Commercial Drone Platform

Reactions: KoofPoof
Your long rambling and dramatic complaint is nothing but dramatic fluff. This is absurd.

It is a consumer electronic device. They are not 100% immune from failure and you're a fool if you think it was or should be. This drama about "it could have killed someone" would be your negligence, not the drone. The failure rate is not even high given the quantities sold. So there is basically no basis for your dramatics on the matter.

Furthermore, you've gone on this long rant about 3DR not helping you. If you're going to claim they're not helping you, you probably shouldn't post a screenshot of them actually helping you. Plus you have several people here asking for information and trying to help you. All of which you're ignoring. Because I guess that would go against your theatrics on the matter.

People are literally begging to help you. Take it or move on. This is rediculous.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo