3dr solo gopro problems....

Reaction score
so i had error with my gopro when i used my 3dr and i was told my sd card wasnt the right card for it and that i needed to buy one that said it was compatible with a gopro..and i did and now i can only record like 2minutes and it just wont let me push record again.i dont see an error but it may be giving me one im just not paying attention. but it will record about a min or 2 before not letting me do anything. and when i take the gopro out it says repairing files when i turn it on? plz help i really like the 3dr but this is pushing me to the point im about ready to just say screw it...i have hero4 silver and a sandisk extreme plus 64gb

Last edited:
Remove the GoPro, remove the battery, wait a few minutes and put the battery back in and reinstall the GoPro. Make sure the HDMI cable is securely attached. Restart the Solo App and try it all again. You don't have to be flying, just have everything turned on and connected to wifi. The camera you have and the memory card you have for it should be just fine unless you have a bum card or a bum connection at the camera. You also might want to try formatting the memory card first.

Maybe I missed it in your post, but does the GoPro with your sdcard work when not in the solo?

When connected to drone gimble should the red light be on at the go pro with drone power on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've tried formatting and taking battery out and everything and I've not checked my gopro outside of it yet but I used to use it for my airsoft and it worked fine but I only shot at 720p or sometimes 1080p... I also had a different memory stick. Crappies actually but it worked. I tried to use it but it wouldn't work at 2.7k res. Which is what I shoot at for my 3dr

I read somewhere to format it and I've done that but I also read u should put the mem card in the gopro and also format it in the camera and I did that and tested it and I think I will work cause I recorded for 4 minutes and no problems. But I will stay posted as this was not in the drone so maybe a problem is in the drone or gimbal actually

Is the GP Wi-Fi off or are you trying to use the GP App with the Solo/Controller powered up?

My Solo just started getting the same issue. GP4 Silver giving me a SD Card Error when flying. Here is the crazy thing, I can pull the GP4 out of the quad and it will work great. Start, stop all picture and video will record just fine.
If I put the GP in the Solo, the GP says SD ERROR when I hit record. I have tried all the standard stuff, just need to try a different card next.
I have made a few flights before the issue and the GP4 did record some awesome in flight videos.
I will let you know if I figure it out but please post if someones else does.

OK got a new SD card did a format in the GP4 and we are back online. Everything working the way it should.

Had the same problem and GoPro rep said to format it on the computer and I did the long format and it fixed my problem.

Hello everyone I have a problem my 3dr is Go Pro 4 my problem is that I can not record videos more than 30 seconds or a minute what can I do sometimes during recording I can not control anything even stop recording what I can do for this problem if someone if someone can help me I will be grateful

Hello everyone I have a problem my 3dr is Go Pro 4 my problem is that I can not record videos more than 30 seconds or a minute what can I do sometimes during recording I can not control anything even stop recording what I can do for this problem if someone if someone can help me I will be grateful

I did have that problem a few years back with my GoPro, a new micro SD card fixed it, he one I was using must of been corrupted somehow. I put the suspect card into another GoPro and the same thing, that card went into the bin

It may not fix your problem but if you have another card, give it a try

Hi guys! I solved by changing the card and bringing gopro to the factory settings!
Top Solutions four this problem!

Reactions: Robpower

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc