3dr Solo GoPro 4 Silver

Bat

Reaction score
To use all the extra features of the GoPro 4 Silver it looks like you have to install a
Gimble is this true? I have a 3DR Solo and I want to take photos, start /stop video and turn on/off the GoPro
with the controller using standard fixed mount that came with the 3DR Solo.

Thank you

I was using a GoPro 3+ Silver that worked OK but control wanted more

To use all the extra features of the GoPro 4 Silver it looks like you have to install a
Gimble is this true? I have a 3DR Solo and I want to take photos, start /stop video and turn on/off the GoPro
with the controller using standard fixed mount that came with the 3DR Solo.

Thank you

I was using a GoPro 3+ Silver that worked OK but control wanted more
Yes. Interactions with the camera thru Solo require the HeroBus connection, which only the gimbal has at present.

Thank you for the quick and clear answer, I like the solo and gopro 4 but they leave a lot of info unclear

Mr Bruce,
Interactions with the camera thru Solo require the HeroBus connection, which only the gimbal has at present.

Were in the manual does it clearly state the above

Page 10 2.6.2 Settings

For best results, adjust the camera settings for inverted orientation and medium field of view. (Setting the field of view to medium ensures that you won’t see the propellers in the frame.)

This is followed by a graphic clearly depicting GoPro setup screens.

Page 16 states "The optional Solo Gimbal holds your GoPro® camera and lets you control it remotely."

So...while it doesn't specifically state that the HeroBus is required, if you read the manual all the way thru it is my opinion that it is quite clear the gimbal is required for GoPro control

Hey guys, I'm struggling with my Hero 4 silver and the gimble, can you direct me to some reading material? Thanks.

Hey guys, I'm struggling with my Hero 4 silver and the gimble, can you direct me to some reading material? Thanks.
See the above link in one of my posts to start with. The H4 Silver is not a common camera for the Solo, so if there are specific questions please ask

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo