3DR Solo Case Questions

Reaction score
I finally got myself a 3dr solo case the soft backpack one not the expensive hard case and I have to say it is a must have it beats walking around with it by a million percent and even the one it came with stinks however a couple of questions. One where do you guys put the Solo Battery charger mine is in the bigger pocket which is attached to the lid because it would not fit on those two compartments on the side of it. The problem is it seems like it is going to hit the solo battery tray. And two is this case airplane safe i will not be putting this with the cargo obviously and was wondering if any of you had flown with it or put it on the plane and how that went?

The charger doesn't fit in the side compartments? Mine does. Even if I don't unplug the charging cable from the charger, which would make it slightly shorter if you did unplug it.

well it can but is it ok for the wires to bend it seems to bend a lot how do you wrap them around the charger itself or do you coil them like XLR cables i know this may sound like a stupid question been bugging me because my guess is the other one is for the controller charger which does fit. This is what i am doing but is this ok for the cables with the charger to be stuffed in like that. Is it not good too if you do put it in that upper pocked?

Attachments

• GOPR1688.JPG
    GOPR1688.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 41
Looks OK, and yes, the Solo backpack fits in overhead bins on most aircraft. I've flown on large and small aircraft and it fit every time. You may have to put it in sideways on the smaller aircraft, however. Note that if you are flying in the U.S., the TSA will usually pull you aside and ask you to open it. They swab it and send you on your way.

Yeah I love that backpack, for trips carries everything you need. For remote shooting drop the chargers and carry extra batteries
everything I need

yeah look at my previous posts. I was worried about flying with mine. so far I've flown one international LAX to Taipei, a medium international from Taipei to Philippines and a small plane domestic flight in the Philippines and haven't yet had a problem with overhead bins. one plan had to have the backpack sideways.

I keep the chargers in the side slots folded like when new. the props I have in the big top slot above the controller.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks