3DR Solo App Force Closes

Please insert disk number 13...

1318107518.or.63535.JPG

Oh wow, this trip down memory lane just hit me like a ton of bricks... my first 3D card was the 3DFX Voodoo 2. I later updated to a Hercules Prophet 2 MX.... damn at one stage I had a French sounding graphics card that also had a video capture device built in (can't remember the darn name) and then I got a 3D prophet 3. I can't remember the model number but at one stage GeForce was labeling the Ti (titanium) models as the cheaper version of the mainstream cards. The value version if you will. They then launched a new line were the Ti version was their top rated "fasted" graphics card, but the local PC store obviously didn't get that memo. I managed to pick up the Ti version of their brand new card for less than the value version.

Doom2
Carmageddon
Descent Freespace
UnReal

I bought the Creative Labs Webcam Go.. the "amazing" webcam that could detach and become a carry around digital camera (640 x 480 resolution photos or 3 second video clips..). I had a Diamond Rio PMP 300 that could hold at least 12 songs without a memory card.... Transfering files over a parallel port adapter was soooo fast...

Heck, the first creative labs DVD player that required a PCI DVD decoding card.... A Cambridge Audio 6.1 surround sound system for my Creative Labs Soundblaster Audigy with the front panel that fit into the CD drive bay of the tower pc system.

Wow... trippy...

I feel there was one reply to the bullet points that I cannot leave and have to address immediately...

"There was a Windows 95? "
Yes there was a Windows 95, in fact, I even had the edition "Now with USB support!" which was great since at the time everyone was asking "What the hell is a USB"?.

For those of us who want a trip down memory lane there was also Windows CE, Windows ME and Windows NT, which when combined were really as dumb as a brick. Ah Windows Millenium, the operating system that became worse and worse the more you installed the Windows updates...

So.... Who had a Voodoo Graphics card or a Sound Blaster 16?

Windows XP was the first operating system I remember. The IT guys seemed pretty excited to get away from whatever was before that.

That USB Support must have been pretty exciting.

Ahhh, Windows 95. I seem to recall it didn’t include TCP/IP by default, you had to install it from a seperate disk, you did get Netbui though ? (might be thinking of Windows 3.1) ?

Oh wow, this trip down memory lane just hit me like a ton of bricks... my first 3D card was the 3DFX Voodoo 2. I later updated to a Hercules Prophet 2 MX.... damn at one stage I had a French sounding graphics card that also had a video capture device built in (can't remember the darn name) and then I got a 3D prophet 3. I can't remember the model number but at one stage GeForce was labeling the Ti (titanium) models as the cheaper version of the mainstream cards. The value version if you will. They then launched a new line were the Ti version was their top rated "fasted" graphics card, but the local PC store obviously didn't get that memo. I managed to pick up the Ti version of their brand new card for less than the value version.

Doom2
Carmageddon
Descent Freespace
UnReal

I bought the Creative Labs Webcam Go.. the "amazing" webcam that could detach and become a carry around digital camera (640 x 480 resolution photos or 3 second video clips..). I had a Diamond Rio PMP 300 that could hold at least 12 songs without a memory card.... Transfering files over a parallel port adapter was soooo fast...

Heck, the first creative labs DVD player that required a PCI DVD decoding card.... A Cambridge Audio 6.1 surround sound system for my Creative Labs Soundblaster Audigy with the front panel that fit into the CD drive bay of the tower pc system.

Wow... trippy...

Oh man, how good was Carmageddon on Voodoo 2? Fond memories indeed.

Reactions: IrishmanPDX
Yeah, and when you went to load up the system, you were given a list of check boxes to select what you wanted to install. Windows 10? Now downloading XBox game bar, Candy Crush Saga, Solitaire collection......... Oh don't worry, you can choose not to download them.... and they will pop up the download queue next time. Remember the special edition on Windows 95 that came with two music video's on the disc? One was Buddy Holly by Weezer and Good Times by Edie Brickell.

Reactions: Robpower

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dachl