3dr Solo app for iOS

Updated my IOS to 10.3.1. without reading this thread.
My 3DR App closes as all others on this forum have reported.
My Samsung Galaxy Tab has Android 4.0 and will not run Solex nor 3DR App and given the fact that My IPhone 6 with IOS 10.3.1. is unable to fly Solo this sucks!
Any options for IPhone users apart from rolling back to IOS 10.3?

Updated my IOS to 10.3.1. without reading this thread.
My 3DR App closes as all others on this forum have reported.
My Samsung Galaxy Tab has Android 4.0 and will not run Solex nor 3DR App and given the fact that My IPhone 6 with IOS 10.3.1. is unable to fly Solo this sucks!
Any options for IPhone users apart from rolling back to IOS 10.3?

Check out the SidePilot app, pretty good replacement, sadly no smart shots yet but it's in the works!

Check out the SidePilot app, pretty good replacement, sadly no smart shots yet but it's in the works!
Thanks for the info.
Unfortunately this does not give us the Smart shots. And that is what Solo is better than the other drones on the market. Right?

Just chatted with TS.
QUOTE:
TS: We've received some reports about the new iOS update disrupting the functionality of the Solo app.
Since Apple changed how the system works, we'll have to adapt the app to work with the new update. We have already opened a case and the developers are working on a solution, but we don't have an estimated time for this to be fixed, unfortunately.
ME: Ok, but it will be fixed sooner or later?
TS: we have started working on that so we can fix it, yes.
ME: As 3DR App is the stock App for Solo and everybody (me incl.) has purchased Solo with a 1 year warranty, that being said all of us could count to have the opportunity to fly Solo (incl. 3DR App, smart shots, etc.) for at least till our warranty period expires.
TS: While we have stopped our sales activities, we still are supporting our drones and will do so for the foreseeable future.
UNQUOTE

I decided to throw the question at them yesterday as well. Did not get much outside of "we (3DR) are doing a report".

I agree they are on the hook to fix the complete incompatibility. As long as new product still on store shelves.

They stated, "we don't have a date", I replied with OK, no definitive date, but will there be a fix?

The reply, "check the online forums for more information".

I ask, which online forum might that be?

Reply, "it might be on Facebook".

Overall, with Android at less than full functionality, and now iOS with none. If they don't fix, this is their most despicable move yet, in long line of many.

Any Facebookers out their with rumor mill info on the issue?

I updated my iPhone 6S and iPad 3 to iOS 10.3 and now the app crashes when it connects to Solo. I have removed the app and reinstalled it on both devices but no luck. Anyone having this problem? Thx
You can downgrade iOS (instructions elsewhere in this forum), or pick up an inexpensive Android tablet. The Android solution will also allow you to run Solex, which has way more features than the stock Solo app.
no more down
Just chatted with TS.
QUOTE:
TS: We've received some reports about the new iOS update disrupting the functionality of the Solo app.
Since Apple changed how the system works, we'll have to adapt the app to work with the new update. We have already opened a case and the developers are working on a solution, but we don't have an estimated time for this to be fixed, unfortunately.
ME: As 3DR App is the stock App for Solo and everybody (me incl.) has purchased Solo with a 1 year warranty, that being said all of us could count to have the opportunity to fly Solo (incl. 3DR App, smart shots, etc.) for at least till our warranty period expires.
TS: While we have stopped our sales activities, we still are supporting our drones and will do so for the foreseeable future.
UNQUOTE
Just chatted with TS.
QUOTE:
UNQUOTE
I have a feeling android users will be getting the same effect soon enough. I myself will be finding an iPad mini that has not been updated and fly my 3DR like there was tomorrow. It's the smart drone, right? DIY upgrades are essential. My first drone and soon to be dinosaur. We are all still ---3DR pilots and will find a way to fly this Bird......

Just go back to 10.2.Mine flew great last night.
Tried downgraded back to 10.2.1 today and it is now locked out. Apple did update to protect your Id and everything else you have on your handheld computer. I continue to use iPhone, iPad, I will find one that hasn't been updated and fly like the wind. Strictly for use for 3DR. DJI will be my next bird.

Reactions: Sindarrin
Not being a techy guy, how difficult would it be for Solex to create an iOS app?

Look into the SidePilot app, iOS arducopter, PX4 and Solo support, smart shots will be coming, orbit should be released in a few weeks and follow me is already supported.

TB10, I did purchase SidePilot two days ago but haven't had the chance to use it, weather and home projects getting in the way. You a fan? Thought I read it supports video streaming now.

Reactions: Thom
TB10, I did purchase SidePilot two days ago but haven't had the chance to use it, weather and home projects getting in the way. You a fan? Thought I read it supports video streaming now.

I am the developer so you could say that I'm a fan :p and Yes video streaming is supported!

Last edited:
Reactions: Sargemo
Not being a techy guy, how difficult would it be for Solex to create an iOS app?
Talked to Kelly a couple of days ago. He said that he has plans releasing an IOS version of Solex, but not in the near future as he is busy with another project at the moment. Given the new situation with 3DR App I think that mote and more 3DR Pilots will be looking for alternatives like Solex and he will have to speed up Solex IOS to get these users as they would not be inclined to changing their mobile device as easy as switching the App for Solo.

Reactions: Sargemo
I'll be looking forward to hear back how the sidepilot ap works

Will Sidepilot support dynamic altitude with a baro equipped iOS device?

Unfortunately I updated my Mini 4 and have been using my Nexus 7 as a replacement. In the mountains where I fly DA is necessary to follow.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela