3DR Solo acting in GPS hold Help please

Reaction score
solo is acting like I am giving it rudder when I am not if you turn it slightly to the right it will continue turning that direction and the same to the left Now when I bought this drone it had magnetic interference so I swapped out the leg compass din not resolve Then I swapped out the pixhalk and that solved that. I also changed the gps to a m8 and that did not help the rudder issue

yes and used different controller's so the problem is in the solo meaning its a mother board or Wi Fi slot board I think was hoping someone would have had this problem I will be trying a flight shortly for I think if I let it loiter long enough to turn 40 degrees it loses gps and tells me to fly manually. Wonder if they used the WI Fi antennas' to aid in positioning some how

Last edited:
1- Power off the units and close the Solo app
2- Perform a factory reset to the Solo and controller, make sure the orange light underneath the Solo blinks faster during the reset process.
- Factory Reset | 3DR - Drone & UAV Technology
3- Once the units are reset connect to the Sololink but do not open the Solo app
4- Make sure the Orange light underneath the Solo is blinking slowly, if so, please perform the following:
- Please, press the pair button for 1 sec and look at the controller screen for the "detected new Solo" message
Once you see the message "detected new Solo perform the following: Press A, then B and hold both buttons down. Once the Controller vibrates, you can let go. Within 20 seconds, the Controller will show “Solo Paired."
5- Once the Solo and controller are paired, please, confirm the orange light underneath the Solo is solid now
6- Open the Solo app >> settings >> updates >> start the update
7 Once the update process finishes, please, restart the Solo app

Ha Ha just finished all that now its raining so will post results soon as I can thank you for the help fingers crossed this unit works perfectly flying hard to film events with the turning issue

Ha Ha just finished all that now its raining so will post results soon as I can thank you for the help fingers crossed this unit works perfectly flying hard to film events with the turning issue
Screenshot_2017-06-06-18-24-59.png

This stuff right here will help with flying in light rain.
I flew it in a normal Florida shower after sealing up where it was needed on the outside and in.

Works perfectly still.

Best of luck on getting your bird flying again

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela