3DR competition

It's not here just to praise, but more to help those when we can. I was referring to your many posts that were just to complain without asking a question. You are basing you assumption of 'huge issues' on forum posts by (insert the number of individuals you have seen post issues). There are 10s of thousands of Solos in use everyday by hobby and commercial pilots that use it as intended without issue and therefor no need to look for answers on a forum. As with any product, those needing help are the most likely to get online and post their issue for help. Not those that are using the product without issue. But I understand it will always seem a bigger issue when you are one of the ones with a problem. Every product from Sony to Mercedes to DJI have forums with unhappy owners, and that is expected. But it does not correlate to 'huge issues for the majority of the owners.

I was sincere in hoping you have better luck, and wish there was something I could do to help you out. If you were local, I would certainly have a look.

Fly Safe..

Reactions: Adimuzio513
I'd bet I can guess the forum and the guy and I haven't even read many of these posts since returning. Won't say the name cause it could be like Bloody Mary and he may appear but I'd bet RCG is the site.

Reactions: Jubalr
It's not here just to praise, but more to help those when we can. I was referring to your many posts that were just to complain without asking a question. You are basing you assumption of 'huge issues' on forum posts by (insert the number of individuals you have seen post issues). There are 10s of thousands of Solos in use everyday by hobby and commercial pilots that use it as intended without issue and therefor no need to look for answers on a forum. As with any product, those needing help are the most likely to get online and post their issue for help. Not those that are using the product without issue. But I understand it will always seem a bigger issue when you are one of the ones with a problem. Every product from Sony to Mercedes to DJI have forums with unhappy owners, and that is expected. But it does not correlate to 'huge issues for the majority of the owners.

I was sincere in hoping you have better luck, and wish there was something I could do to help you out. If you were local, I would certainly have a look.

Fly Safe..
Yea how ya been bud, nothing major just been busy and not been able to fly or post much. I've still checked in here to see how folks are doing or if issues were addressed, but things are calming and the weather should break soon so I'll be back around.

The first couple weeks I had some iffy issues mainly one gps glitch that caused a rough landing and tip at that time, but mines been just about perfect since. I had a bit of drift at one point, updates fixed that and in probably a couple hundred flights mines been as close to perfect as i ever thought possible. Same motors, props, and just the one wonky landing. I know there were some issues at times, but I think pilot error was to blame more often then not there as well.

To be honest my p2 had just about the same luck as I still have my first props and motors with it too, a couple nerve racking times, but no crashes or fly aways. People just need to think ahead, plan for the oh s?:& moments just in case since this is still fairly new tech and s@&t happens. Failures are inevitable for a small percentage of electronics so think ahead and fly safe. Long as your doing it all right, it may take some persistence, but solo will be covered if things are really it's fault from all I've seen so far.

As far as i can tell outside of the occassional motor pod failure or faulty gimbal (both of which i have dealt with and was rectified quickly and without question by 3dr) most of the solo crashes/issues can be attributed to user error. Happy 3dr solo customer here.

Not sure what other forum or person you're referring to, I can promise there's a pile of us that aren't happy with 3DR's poor quality products. Besides, I don't hate the Solo, I just came back from flying the thing. Flew well but the gopro/app combination screwed up again. Oh wait, my apologies, I didn't know this forum was here just to praise 3DR like some of you do lmao. To be honest, I wish 3DR could rise to the challenges they're having and resolve the issues. And anyone that says they aren't having some huge issues is either blindfolded or they're 3DR reps trying to save the company some face. I also understand that the other birds have issues as well but I didn't buy the other guy, I bought the Solo and all I'm wanting is for the beast to fly. Don't think I'm asking too much. But hey we all don't live in lala land with pink unicorns and fluffy clouds.

I love my Solo SO much - I've been piloting drones for 7 years, the Solo is the smartest and most trustworthy of them all. 7 months I've had my Solo averaging one mission every three days and man, some of them have been tense and the Solo is the only one smart enough to make it back (I speak from experience). Zero incidents, not for lack of opportunity - not so much as a scratched prop. The new v2 update has been solid so far with welcome additions, and their development team released their simulator recently which is also good.

It's clear that 3DR strives to release quality, even if it's late. If it's not good enough, they pull the function until it is.

Oh wait, I didn't know this forum was here just to vent and assume other people will agree with you? Post what you see, read what others see and from there find truth - don't just assume you speak for everyone. I've been to your lala land and seen your unicorns and deleted the footage, not interested in your promises. Go buy a Parrot if you need something to rant about and feel justified.

(blocked)

- R

Lets dail it back in here a couple notches. All members are entitled to their opinions even if you don't agree.
If you don't agree with a comment don't argue or belittle them, calmly debate them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44