3DR Company Status

Wow, you found Cragiri, sorry about that. Look at the date on that article.

Yikes, yeah, Craig, or cragri as he goes on RCG.

Curious.... How did you find that article?

Anyway, Craig has been predicting the demise of 3DR and Solo for over a year now.....

Wow, you found Cragiri, sorry about that. Look at the date on that article.

Wow I totally made a mistake. I read the wrong date. I found it on a posting from a couple months ago, and misinterpreted the date. Sorry for the confusion guys.

Smells like more dji propaganda.

Here's an excerpt from the site:
"The Phantom 3 is NOT being replaced or discontinued. Rather the new Phantom 4 is an upper-end evolution of the Phantom line. The majority of newer buyers should still consider the P3 line – it is more than good enough and costs much less. The Phantom 4 is tailored more for the “prosumer” as well as those who have extra money to spend and want the top of the line. If your garage contains a BMW or Lexus, you may want to take a look at the P4. If it has a Camry, Accord or Passat you’ll be a P3 buyer."

I'll make my own choices...I chose a Solo.

You make me embarrassed that I ever owned a Solo. From the way most ignore your posts I must not be the only one.

I know exactly what you mean! However, not everyone on this forum is an English 1st speaker. If we were to exclude them we would all be the poorer for it.

I know exactly what you mean! However, not everyone on this forum is an English 1st speaker. If we were to exclude them we would all be the poorer for it.
I wasn't talking about his English, I was talking about his seeming to get pleasure from others misfortunes. 98% of his posts consist of laughing at people who post problems with other brands of birds. Sorry that I wasn't clear on what I meant.

Reactions: Benzo
I wasn't talking about his English, I was talking about his seeming to get pleasure from others misfortunes. 98% of his posts consist of laughing at people who post problems with other brands of birds. Sorry that I wasn't clear on what I meant.
ok i admit im not good in english because im asian but lemme straight to you, do you know reason why i hate DJI ??? because they refuse to compensate my phantom cause of faulty dji workmanship the bird plunge into the face of the earth like hell!!.. period!

Last edited:

It's all good. I see from toilet bowl's last post he has no love for dji. Had I his experience with dji, I can't say I wouldn't either :)

And early reports on the Typhoon H aer not glowing.
Funny how solo that came out when the P3s did.
Is still getting updates and has a brighter future than Yuneec or DJI

Reactions: Tamj
The majority of the Yuneec H' problems relate to;
Improper calibration (the H is super sensitive to this)
Battery not properly seated (It'll fall out of the sky)
User near/behind large/big metal (add antennas, the remote is set up to do so)

There are a few other occasional hiccups that seem to vary from unit to unit. Overall, it's Yuneec's best product to date. The Tornado is very cool, but very behind the times, and an expensive crash.

3DR's commitment to Commercial is fairly clear; they've got a large marketing push aimed at retail, however, that will hit very soon. You'll see some exciting stuff, so don't count them out on the retail/prosumer side just yet.

Reactions: SurfnSkate81
I evaluated Solo when it came out. I found Solo GPS, gimbal and tied to GoPro troublesome and advised my company go with DJI. About a month ago, I personally purchased a Solo when the bundle price dropped to $799, I found Solo hasn't changed despite a year worth of complaints from the customers, same crappy GPS, radio and gimbal. that tied to very overpriced hero4 black.

3DR markets Solo as consumer AP platform, but it's gimbal can't use other consumer cameras that offer better features, (eg 360 VR) or professional gears (eg laser, ir, etc). Although it is a 3d gimbal, the user can't roll nor pan.

Before Solo, other 3DR products are opensource, it makes modification very easy and enable the users to config the vehicle for their design. With Solo being closed and 3DR can't release 3rd party (gopro) spec, the AP portion basically is yesteryear technology.

Reactions: aaronp
I evaluated Solo when it came out. I found Solo GPS, gimbal and tied to GoPro troublesome and advised my company go with DJI. About a month ago, I personally purchased a Solo when the bundle price dropped to $799, I found Solo hasn't changed despite a year worth of complaints from the customers, same crappy GPS, radio and gimbal. that tied to very overpriced hero4 black.

3DR markets Solo as consumer AP platform, but it's gimbal can't use other consumer cameras that offer better features, (eg 360 VR) or professional gears (eg laser, ir, etc). Although it is a 3d gimbal, the user can't roll nor pan.

Before Solo, other 3DR products are opensource, it makes modification very easy and enable the users to config the vehicle for their design. With Solo being closed and 3DR can't release 3rd party (gopro) spec, the AP portion basically is yesteryear technology.

Your qualifications as an "evaluator" are?...
No doubt, GPS acquisition has challenges. The gimbal on the other hand, is quite satisfactory whether it's for a consumer user like many here, or top-end Hollywood producers such as Michael Bay or James Cameron (yes, they are using Solo with stock gimbal and parts in films).

If you don't like the product, sell it on ebay and move on. For commercial work, there simply is no other UAV in the price/size class that can remotely do what Solo can.

Reactions: RichWest
@yt lee So you mean you can put different cameras in the DJI gimbal like a 360 Kodak and it has full control? Sweet! I didn't realize there was a gimbal out there that worked with different manufacturers cameras all in one gimbal with full control! That's great news. /sarcasm

All you do here is bitch and not answer direct questions when people take the time and actually try to help you. You've stated you're getting rid of your "junk" solo a few times. I offered to take it and you said your company wouldn't let you, now you're saying it's yours and not the companies. You're just full of it. Your story has changed multiple times. How about you do what you said you were going to do and just move on? Or are you just going to hang out here and be a pisser? Why don't you go trash solo on a dji forum or something more suited to you since it appears their product does everything you want it to? It seems you have a wonderful working solution with DJI. So, why are you still here?

Reactions: Benzo and bjswx

With all that said what have you found that can match or exceed the cinematic filming of the Solo for even twice or more the price of a Solo and GP?

@yt lee So you mean you can put different cameras in the DJI gimbal like a 360 Kodak and it has full control? Sweet! I didn't realize there was a gimbal out there that worked with different manufacturers cameras all in one gimbal with full control! That's great news. /sarcasm

All you do here is bitch and not answer direct questions when people take the time and actually try to help you. You've stated you're getting rid of your "junk" solo a few times. I offered to take it and you said your company wouldn't let you, now you're saying it's yours and not the companies. You're just full of it. Your story has changed multiple times. How about you do what you said you were going to do and just move on? Or are you just going to hang out here and be a pisser? Why don't you go trash solo on a dji forum or something more suited to you since it appears their product does everything you want it to? It seems you have a wonderful working solution with DJI. So, why are you still here?
DJI release the SDK for Phantom 3 quad, that makes it easy to replace the stock gimbal and camera. I personally also own one solo, but I will use the FC and motors for a frame kit.

As why I still watching 3DR, my company still use custom built APM flight controller and few iris+. I keep track the industry development.

BTW, I found the "if you don't agree with me, you are against me" attitude many of this forum members have intriguing. It is the same attitude many Apple users have.

For me, I use the technology does not mean I have to fall in love with it nor lay in bed with the company that sells it. I use the technology as is. If it doesn't fit my needs, I find the alternative. If the company improves, I take second, third...look and make decision as time and resource permitted.

Reactions: aaronp

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fatbeatle