3DR Brand Accessories?

This was a great video to watch. I didn't realize the pause button held down would rewind the flight path. Never read that in the online manual. I'm also curious how/where the sensor avoidance wound up. Sounds like it was part of an add on piece of H/W coupled with firmware upgrade.
Maybe I've missed this in the group since I tend to read the discussions but it would be great if we had a sticky of capabilities from software, hardware and options all listed.
Thanks for the discussion... I love reading about the capabilities of the Solo!

You know what? I love that feature! I actually used that quite a bit to retake a shot.

Yeah, all the accessories are now more than the solo. I experimented with the cheap, $149, 360 cameras on drones. Pretty simple and works OK. There are free 360 photo stitching apps out there so not a big investment if you want to go cheap.

Ooh there you go! I'll try that when I fly my Samsung Gear 360s.

At OEMCameras.com, we got involved with the Made for Solo program.
We created the 3DR Solo Thermal Gimbal and started shipping last year.
It is designed as a comparable product to the Zenmuse XT, allowing you to seamlessly connect the FLIR VUE Series cameras.
Using the 3DR Solo app, you can record video and take thermal images stored to the camera's memory card.

With a slight modification to the camera, you can control the following in flight:
Color Palette - 3 Choices
Camera zoom level: 1x, 2x, 4x
Recalibrate / FFC • Region of interest (ROI) - 3 Choices
Scene Preset (Scene) - 3 Choices
Start and Stop Image Sequence or Video Capture on the VUE PRO or VUE PRO R’s Internal Micro SD Card

It was announced about the same time as the Kodak and the Tether Kit.

The way they made the tether work is by bumping the voltage up pretty high which allowed you to run a lower current (and lighter wire) for the same power. You would need an AC to DC converter on the ground element and a device in the copter to drop the voltage. As you mentioned you would also need something to fool the PH that you have a battery on board.
3DR said they flew a Solo for something like 40 days straight on their demo tether unit.
the same is done for marine rovers. The electric car industry made oem dc/ac converters cheap. 4800 ac volts on the line
You will need an ac/dc convertor on the bird and also a large capacitor.

It is not practical for an aircraft. You are better off designing a fuel cell.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea