3D Printing of Solo parts

Reaction score
Greetings to one and all,

Do any of you dabble in 3D Printing and perhaps got a Stl or G-Code file for printing SOLO landing legs extensions?? I have a 3D printer and would like to use it to print SOLO parts but I got a lot to learn on how to create 3D models or parts but I do need to lift my SOLO up off the ground a bit.

TreL you seem to have the goodies? Would appreciate some help

Eddie Kennedy
Durban South Africa

I bought these exact ones from a guy off of eBay. He 3d printed them himself. Clearance for the gimbal is more than adequate. The DIY 3d print is here: 3dr Solo leg extensions by L5MEDIA

BTW, if you carry your Solo in the 3dr Back Pack made by BPC, you will need to make a small but simple modification to the lower part of each leg compartment for these particular leg extenders. Each leg compartment will need to be made a little deeper and the sidewalls will need to be scraped out a little to accommodate for the now wider foot print of Solo. Otherwise it's quite tight fit as the leg extenders compress against the lower sidewalls.

I used a screw driver to pick out the bottom end and a long round file to scrape the sidewalls.

I bought these exact ones from a guy off of eBay. He 3d printed them himself. Clearance for the gimbal is more than adequate. The DIY 3d print is here: 3dr Solo leg extensions by L5MEDIA

BTW, if you carry your Solo in the 3dr Back Pack made by BPC, you will need to make a small but simple modification to the lower part of each leg compartment for these particular leg extenders. Each leg compartment will need to be made a little deeper and the sidewalls will need to be scraped out a little to accommodate for the now wider foot print of Solo. Otherwise it's quite tight fit as the leg extenders compress against the lower sidewalls.

I used a screw driver to pick out the bottom end and a long round file to scrape the sidewalls.

Wow thanks so much for the quick reply. As I type this my printer is working away printing the first of four legs. I dont have a SOLO backpack unfortunately. Cant get them in South Africa.
You been so good to me I feel bad that we stuffed your guys up in Rugby and Cricket. Never mind I think Wallabies will do better this year HA HA!

Again thanks and I will let you know how these legs work out
Regards
Eddie

All done thanks to 13nikos62 Took 9 mins per extension really appreciate your assistance

Solo Extentions.jpg

Well done. The legs look great! Don't feel bad about the Rugby and Cricket! It doesn't concern me too much as my first love is football (soccer).

BTW, South Africa, I love the place! I was there on holidays 21 years ago. Some of South Africa's landscape reminded me so much of Australia. Especially the eucalyptus trees. Great memories!

Last edited:
13nikos62 Thanks for the compliment on the leg extensions. Yes they came out well all thanks to your input. Yes 21 years ago South Africa was an awesome country but at present we do have major problems with a corrupt government and corrupt president. There are hundreds of our people "Packing for Perth" and soon Aussie will be the tenth South African province with so many people going to live in Aussie and New Zealand.

reelcrazyfish Thanks for the link. I went there and found dozens of interesting things, including leg extensions, I will be able to print so many things from this so thanks so much for the assistance

andrew.baker.142 Thanks to you too. I will go and have a look at Thingiverse and see what I can come up with.

Thanks guys this forum has some super people.

Kind regards

I'm thinking about getting a 3d Systems 3d cube on ebay for only $100. I'm just curious if anyone else has used this same printer to make parts for their Solo?

I'm thinking about getting a 3d Systems 3d cube on ebay for only $100. I'm just curious if anyone else has used this same printer to make parts for their Solo?
I have one at home. They are good printers but they have a lot of issues with clogging. They are also very loud, so make sure you put it in a room far away from where you sleep.

Reactions: Trader J

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig