$35.00 Gimbals on Ebay

Got an email from ebay just now that it was from a compromised acct and that it was cancelled. Money wasn't taken off of my paypal so I just cancelled the payment. If you can I recommend you do the same.

Just got this from ebay:

We had to remove this listing from the site and you're not required to complete the transaction. If you've already sent payment, the sale should process as normal and you don't have anything to worry about. If you have any questions about delivery, please check tracking or contact your seller. If you run into any trouble along the way eBay is here to help. Please visit the Resolution Center to help resolve any problems you may encounter.

Well my payment did process so let the fun begin.

Just got this from ebay:

We had to remove this listing from the site and you're not required to complete the transaction. If you've already sent payment, the sale should process as normal and you don't have anything to worry about. If you have any questions about delivery, please check tracking or contact your seller. If you run into any trouble along the way eBay is here to help. Please visit the Resolution Center to help resolve any problems you may encounter.

Check your PayPal account (if that is how you paid). I just checked mine, payment was not claimed yet, so I was able to cancel it.

Just got this from ebay:

That's pretty vague what does that mean exactly? Especially this part > "If you've already sent payment, the sale should process as normal and you don't have anything to worry about".

So to all that are affected by this scammer I do apologize for posting the link,
Its scum-bags like this that makes the rest of us suffer. My intentions were to help out some people looking for a deal nothing more. Just file a claim with ebay and or Paypal, it will get resolved.

Well I take it to mean the poor guy got his account hacked and to his credit he didn't claim any funds from the sell of said items. I went to my pay-pal account and it said the funds weren't claimed. I was able to cancel the purchase and they reversed the charges. Guess I pony up the money from a legit seller tomorrow. Don't necessarily need the gimbal for what I bought the drone for but I just feel like my Solo is naked and exposed so I'll make it whole! Hoping for a better tomorrow and yes if it sounds to good to be true it is. All ridicule accepted.

Reactions: XevetS
So to all that are affected by this scammer I do apologize for posting the link,
Its scum-bags like this that makes the rest of us suffer. My intentions were to help out some people looking for a deal nothing more. Just file a claim with ebay and or Paypal, it will get resolved.
appreciate your intentions no harm no foul!

Reactions: XevetS
You did notice the buyer beware and the video of Drone worship saying it might be a scam no? Did you flag this with Ebay or report it somehow? As of now the listing is no longer valid so it was most likely shut down by Ebay and I'm sure all effected buyers will receive a refund promptly...
yea they shut it down ..i did "buy" one but it has been flagged and cancelled by ebay already...i dont even think any funds moved from paypal to the seller...i know if a seller doesn't have any stars they will kinda hold the buyers money in limbo until ebay knows the buyer is happy before paying the seller..at least thats how it was for me on my first few sales until i got a good rep as a solid seller..it would take several days before the money would be available to me,then over time you get paid instantly when you sell once you've aquired that solid feedback as a seller.....it was worth a try though...no harm..

I was kinda wondering how this scam would work, after all, for the customer, they get protected by PayPal, and I'm not sure if any purchase money would have made it's way to the seller already. So then I was thinking about the "payment protection" that was being offered, you know, for just $3 we'll replace or refund the item. That cost there isn't refundable, so maybe that's where this person was making their money. You purchase the protection for $3, item never arrives, you get your money back anyway, they pocket the $3 or a % of it if it's a legitimate purchase protection offer. Either way, glad this got shut down and sad that legitimate gimbals still cost between $160 - $200.

Reactions: overdriver999
I was kinda wondering how this scam would work, after all, for the customer, they get protected by PayPal, and I'm not sure if any purchase money would have made it's way to the seller already. So then I was thinking about the "payment protection" that was being offered, you know, for just $3 we'll replace or refund the item. That cost there isn't refundable, so maybe that's where this person was making their money. You purchase the protection for $3, item never arrives, you get your money back anyway, they pocket the $3 or a % of it if it's a legitimate purchase protection offer. Either way, glad this got shut down and sad that legitimate gimbals still cost between $160 - $200.
Me too..and yes it is sad they cost that much because it'll be a while before I can afford one..I'm sure they're worth it though.

Me too..and yes it is sad they cost that much because it'll be a while before I can afford one..I'm sure they're worth it though.
Yes they are very much worth it. I had to save for my gopro and gimbal but eventually I saved enough to get them and it makes having the Solo that much more enjoyable.

Yes they are very much worth it. I had to save for my gopro and gimbal but eventually I saved enough to get them and it makes having the Solo that much more enjoyable.
Yes I bet it does...I definitely want to get one when I'm able to..as well as a legit GoPro..I'll have to use the sjcam or the run cam somehow until then though..at least that should give me a live feed.

I was the 7th one to buy.....(chuckle) then i later looked and it said 110 purchased so far. I later bought one for 40 bucks that said it wouldn't move but was new. Hope I can fix it or that it's a software issue. Not willing to pay triple or quadruple yet

Reactions: overdriver999
I was the 7 one the buy.....(chuckle) then i later looked and it said 110 purchased so far. I later bought one for 40 bucks that said it wouldn't move but was new. Hope I can fix it or that it's a software issue. Not willing to pay triple or quadruple yet
Oh wow..I would drop 40 on one that I could possibly fix..I can't afford that full price gimbal right now ...I jist read tonight though that a Tarot 2d gimbal can be used with a mount adapter..the adapter I saw on eBay and the gimbal is available at several places from what I saw...I need to read more into the details before I go grabbing one though.

Reactions: june03dr
Oh wow..I would drop 40 on one that I could possibly fix..I can't afford that full price gimbal right now ...I jist read tonight though that a Tarot 2d gimbal can be used with a mount adapter..the adapter I saw on eBay and the gimbal is available at several places from what I saw...I need to read more into the details before I go grabbing one though.
I saw that as well. Looks awesome and the install is not half bad. Pricey tho. Just as much or more than a 3dr gimbal

Get em while they last! Edit: turns out to be another scam
Remember Caveat emptor
Genuine 3DR Solo 3-Axis Stabilization Gimbal For GoPro (GB11A) - (In Box) - VG | eBay

Courtesy of Drone worships youtube channel...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I don’t know anything about this deal, but I have to say I bought 3 gimbles from 2 different people on eBay in the last 60 days and never gave more than 50.00 ea. Including shipping, I have tested and used all 3 with no problems. I think the deals are still out there if you look hard enough. I’ve been able to make up 3 Solos for my grandsons to go fly with me when their gear in town.
( they all got gopros last year, they race WKA Karts and we got them to use on those. ) they are going to be so stoked about this!!

I don’t know anything about this deal, but I have to say I bought 3 gimbles from 2 different people on eBay in the last 60 days and never gave more than 50.00 ea. Including shipping, I have tested and used all 3 with no problems. I think the deals are still out there if you look hard enough. I’ve been able to make up 3 Solos for my grandsons to go fly with me when their gear in town.
( they all got gopros last year, they race WKA Karts and we got them to use on those. ) they are going to be so stoked about this!!
That's incredible,ive been searching and haven't found any solo gimbals less than about 135$ anywhere..I wish I could find one for 50-60..maybe one will pop up if I'm patient..I've jist bought a Tarot gimbal with an adapter for the solo so we will see how that goes when it arrives..good job on finding those deals though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela