3 feet of misery.

Reaction score
My solo now shows 3 feet of elevation even when sitting flat on the ground. I performed a factory reset and re calibrated it via the android app. what else can I do to get it showing correct elevation?

Thanks
Wook

You most likely have the barometer port blocked up.. It is fairly easy to have that happen the port is barely larger than the head of a stick pin. Check your pixhawk for dust or other debris buildup.

So, what does it do when you arm and take off? The baro reading sitting on the ground before you take off is irrelevant. When you arm, it resets to zero and measures from there.

You most likely have the barometer port blocked up.. It is fairly easy to have that happen the port is barely larger than the head of a stick pin. Check your pixhawk for dust or other debris buildup.
Will do.

So, what does it do when you arm and take off? The baro reading sitting on the ground before you take off is irrelevant. When you arm, it resets to zero and measures from there.
when you take off and try to land it gives a very hard landing.

I mean what does the altitude reading do. You have only stated what the altitude reads while one the ground.

I mean what does the altitude reading do. You have only stated what the altitude reads while one the ground.
I had not flown it since it started. i factory reset it and it still showed the 3 feet. so i didnt push it. I tried it this morning and after taking off, now it seems to be ok. it takes off and lands just fine. it read as low as 2 feet when flying. it was windy so i didnt push it with much lower. my next question is batteries. should I order them from amazon or just order batts from hobbyking and rebuild the packs?

I had not flown it since it started. i factory reset it and it still showed the 3 feet. so i didnt push it. I tried it this morning and after taking off, now it seems to be ok. it takes off and lands just fine. it read as low as 2 feet when flying. it was windy so i didnt push it with much lower. my next question is batteries. should I order them from amazon or just order batts from hobbyking and rebuild the packs?
Order batteries from B&H. Best price and no questions asked if they send you a brick and they throw in a couple of free legs that you can play pick up sticks with.

Be mindful that these batteries are 3+ years old and not up to spec. Your flights will be shorter, you will get far fewer cycles and there is always a risk of that sudden voltage drop off if and when one or more of the individual cells goes belly up.

There is the tried and true battery mod but it comes with risk and requires soldering skills.

Finally as you suggested purchase a "dumb" pack and use the Brownie Board adapter cable. No BMS so no telemetry. You need to fly on a timer.

We are promised fresh packs soon. They will NOT be at liquidated prices we have come accustomed to. They WILL fly longer, provide three to four times the cycles these old packs do, and restore confidence that the pack will not drop out in flight. Considering the new packs usable life to the old ones makes them competitive with even the $30 liquidated prices out there.

Now I have a question if anyone hasn't fallen asleep at this point. Can you fly a dumb battery with the Green Cube? I know my GC won't boot up on a bad pack. That is to say my stock cube Solo will boot on the same pack that will not boot my GC Solo.

I have heard different views on the 'fresh packs'.

Could you explain where you're getting your info on them from pls?

It would be good news indeed, but I haven't seen anything other than your post I'm afraid - any more info you have would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Just so this isn't off topic, new batteries would help us exceed 3ft agl

[emoji6]

I have heard different views on the 'fresh packs'.

Could you explain where you're getting your info on them from pls?

It would be good news indeed, but I haven't seen anything other than your post I'm afraid - any more info you have would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Just so this isn't off topic, new batteries would help us exceed 3ft agl

[emoji6]
Both Philip Rowse and Paul Dinardi have on several occasions over the Summer promised fresh packs at prices north of $150 which will be offered for sale "after the current supply of the existing packs have been depleated" From all indication they will equal (not surpass) the original packs. Paul has indicated that 400,000 packs were originally manufactured. The last run was 11/15.

Last edited:
Both Philip Rowse and Paul Dinardi have on several occasions over the Summer promised fresh packs at prices north of $150 which will be offered for sale "after the current supply of the existing packs have been depleated" From all indication they will equal (not surpass) the original packs. Paul has indicated that 500,000 packs were originally manufactured. The last run was 11/15.
I understand that's about what batteries originally sold for when new but I am going to have a really hard time paying that after recently purchasing them from B&H for $19.99, not to mention the fact that you can damn near buy the Solo for that these days. So why wouldn't I just buy the Solo off ebay for similar money, fly it til the battery craps out then throw it away and buy another? I think all things considered they are going to have a tough time selling batteries at that price point. Just sayin'...
Scotty68

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo